Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 pm
SnapperRapper wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:34 pm
cobby wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:51 am
bowl wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:41 am
:o_0: Think he called bar crusher boats budget friendly... :o_0: :o_0:
Ha. That's one of the biggest oxymorons I've ever heard. If he was truthful and said they're over-priced, over-rated pieces of **** that are as worthless as the empty coke cans they're built out of then maybe I'd bother to watch a video or 2 of his...
Just out of interest Cobby.... what boat do you own?
N/A. I base my opinions having been inshore and offshore on a 560 and a 670. The ONLY good thing I can say a Backcrusher has is the wide gunnels
The wide gunnels are **** particularly on the 560/610/615.
Really? I rate the gunnels.

I did my boating apprenticeship on a 560c. I think it’s now called the 615c? Reckon I’ve spent somewhere between 800-1000 hours fishing out of one. Mostly over a 5 year period prior to getting “tied down” with the family.

As times gone on and I’ve gained more experience I’ve learnt to appreciate the comments on em riding rough etc. yes there are nicer riding boats out there but they do the job and it’s held together well in terms of longevity.

As for Phil. When will you people learn that if someone is a tard your life is made infinitely easier if you just don’t follow what they are doing at all lol

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: TB2f

Post by cobby » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:19 pm

SnapperRapper wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:53 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:16 pm
SnapperRapper wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:26 am
cobby wrote:
SnapperRapper wrote:

N/A. I base my opinions having been inshore and offshore on a 560 and a 670. The ONLY good thing I can say a Backcrusher has is the wide gunnels
Yes, I get that you aren't a fan of the Barcrushers, Cobby. But tell us about your own boat and why it's superior
Cheers
SR
Are you a crusher owner SR?
:)

Nup! Mine's a Jeanneau Marlin 695.
I asked Cobby what boat he owns and to let us know its features. Simply enough request but looks like he's gone silent on this one .... :)
SJ
N/A meaning not applicable. But for arguments sake I'll use the Caribbean Belmont I've had extensive experience in in all conditions...

Sound from minor ripples hitting the hull don't reverberate through the sub floor. There's barely any sound at all from the standard non foam filled hull, unlike the ballasted Bar Crusher that never shuts up.
Because it maintains its weight with no ballast it's harder to get airborne at the same speed in the same conditions, has more lateral stability at low trolling speeds and is far better at punching through short sharp chop. When it does get airborne the landing isn't jarring nor does it try to get the bow to imitate a NASA rocket at lift off like the Bar Crusher. And a perfect example of the last point is 3 boats, the Belmont, a Cruise Craft 570 Explorer and a Bar Crusher 560c leaving Eagle Rock area in Westernport into a 15 knot southerly during an outgoing tide at the same time. The Belmont and Cruise Craft happily punched through it varying between 18-22 knots including the dodgy section of water near bouy 30 (and anyone who has gone through that section between long island point and the bouy towards the dolphin marker of the Hastings channel with a stiff wind against tide can attest to how crap it can get). Both boats were on the trailers before the 560 even got to the Hastings ramp with its owner bitching about the banging ride in those crap conditions. The only issue for the Belmont was at times it was bloody wet. No banging, no jarred knees or compressed backs.
The Belmont was far cheaper similarly specced up to buy brand new than a 560c.
It has as much if not marginally more deck space when setup with no back to back seating and a bimini that cuts off at the back of the standard seats. It's a fishing boat not a cruiser so a longer canopy just wastes space.
The gunnels are more than adequate to mount things in or on, although the Bar Crusher is wider, has it over the Belmont and thus easier without thinking it through for bulky items like down riggers.

There are tradeoffs with the Belmont and its same hulled cousin the Concorde, its more than adequate in just about every category for most people but never actually excels as top of the pile in any. It ***** all over a 560c though.

And I wasn't silent, I didn't have the time to post a reply until now

SnapperRapper
Has liked: 4 times

Post by SnapperRapper » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:12 pm

ducky wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:02 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:21 am
cobby wrote:
SnapperRapper wrote:
cobby wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:51 am

Ha. That's one of the biggest oxymorons I've ever heard. If he was truthful and said they're over-priced, over-rated pieces of **** that are as worthless as the empty coke cans they're built out of then maybe I'd bother to watch a video or 2 of his...

I did my boating apprenticeship on a 560c. I think it’s now called the 615c? Reckon I’ve spent somewhere between 800-1000 hours fishing out of one. Mostly over a 5 year period prior to getting “tied down” with the family.

As times gone on and I’ve gained more experience I’ve learnt to appreciate the comments on em riding rough etc. yes there are nicer riding boats out there but they do the job and it’s held together well in terms of longevity.

As for Phil. When will you people learn that if someone is a tard your life is made infinitely easier if you just don’t follow what they are doing at all lol
Hey that's great Cobby! well done. that was the most positive and useful of all your posts .... all 2,986 of them! :bn:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:14 am

SnapperRapper wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:12 pm
ducky wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:02 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:21 am
cobby wrote:
SnapperRapper wrote:

Hey that's great Cobby! well done. that was the most positive and useful of all your posts .... all 2,986 of them! :bn:
For me, Cobby has been one of the most useful members here. Guy knows what he’s talking about when it comes to boats. Anything him, frozenpod or ducky say about boats, I take notes.

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:39 am

Stop derailing the thread pricks... Back to slaying Phil.. :te:

Steveo, what happened with V tackle and TB2F? Clearly no love there anymore..

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:45 am

Robbie1950 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:39 am

:rf: :rf: :rf:

Yeah. Lets say things went pear shaped there mate..
Reedys, v tackle were both good sponsors.
Lets say karma will always be a ******..what you do to one, will come back as karma with someone else doing it to you :o_0:

One thing I dont understand and someone please shine some light on this as I'm not a bait fisherman.
He is flogging those berley pots now, but the barcrushes comes std with one of those jamming thingies in the back anyway.
So what's the point if a burley bucket?
I can understand for pellets etc its best to lower it down for whiting etc. But is there any other benefit?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:57 am

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:45 am
Robbie1950 wrote:

Lets say karma will always be a ******..what you do to one, will come back as karma with someone else doing it to you :o_0:

One thing I dont understand and someone please shine some light on this as I'm not a bait fisherman.
He is flogging those berley pots now, but the barcrushes comes std with one of those jamming thingies in the back anyway.
I can understand for pellets etc its best to lower it down for whiting etc. But is there any other benefit?
Nope that’s pretty much the only benefit. Being able to get burley to the bottom. Very helpful in fast currents like WPB and Welshpool.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:57 pm

cobby wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:19 pm
SnapperRapper wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:53 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:16 pm
SnapperRapper wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:26 am
cobby wrote:

Yes, I get that you aren't a fan of the Barcrushers, Cobby. But tell us about your own boat and why it's superior
Cheers
SR
Are you a crusher owner SR?
:)

Nup! Mine's a Jeanneau Marlin 695.
I asked Cobby what boat he owns and to let us know its features. Simply enough request but looks like he's gone silent on this one .... :)
SJ
N/A meaning not applicable. But for arguments sake I'll use the Caribbean Belmont I've had extensive experience in in all conditions...

Sound from minor ripples hitting the hull don't reverberate through the sub floor. There's barely any sound at all from the standard non foam filled hull, unlike the ballasted Bar Crusher that never shuts up.
Because it maintains its weight with no ballast it's harder to get airborne at the same speed in the same conditions, has more lateral stability at low trolling speeds and is far better at punching through short sharp chop. When it does get airborne the landing isn't jarring nor does it try to get the bow to imitate a NASA rocket at lift off like the Bar Crusher. And a perfect example of the last point is 3 boats, the Belmont, a Cruise Craft 570 Explorer and a Bar Crusher 560c leaving Eagle Rock area in Westernport into a 15 knot southerly during an outgoing tide at the same time. The Belmont and Cruise Craft happily punched through it varying between 18-22 knots including the dodgy section of water near bouy 30 (and anyone who has gone through that section between long island point and the bouy towards the dolphin marker of the Hastings channel with a stiff wind against tide can attest to how crap it can get). Both boats were on the trailers before the 560 even got to the Hastings ramp with its owner bitching about the banging ride in those crap conditions. The only issue for the Belmont was at times it was bloody wet. No banging, no jarred knees or compressed backs.
The Belmont was far cheaper similarly specced up to buy brand new than a 560c.
It has as much if not marginally more deck space when setup with no back to back seating and a bimini that cuts off at the back of the standard seats. It's a fishing boat not a cruiser so a longer canopy just wastes space.
The gunnels are more than adequate to mount things in or on, although the Bar Crusher is wider, has it over the Belmont and thus easier without thinking it through for bulky items like down riggers.

There are tradeoffs with the Belmont and its same hulled cousin the Concorde, its more than adequate in just about every category for most people but never actually excels as top of the pile in any. It ***** all over a 560c though.

And I wasn't silent, I didn't have the time to post a reply until now
I had to drive a bar crusher back from a island back to the mainland.

It wasn't a terrible day...say 25 knots with a short swell.

It was the worse 102 kms off driving i had.....every wave I hit I hit smashed be left and right.

Was like I went 10 rounds with Tyson.

There is no weight in the bar smasher.

If i was given one i would keep it to tow around as a esky on flat days.

Now back to slaying btf

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:22 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:57 am
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:45 am
Robbie1950 wrote:

Nope that’s pretty much the only benefit. Being able to get burley to the bottom. Very helpful in fast currents like WPB and Welshpool.
The main thing is as Kimtown said. Getting the burley down you want pots. The smasher out the back is only really good for working burley trails for sharks or getting offshore bait schools excited. Generally speaking everything else you want the burley in the lowest part of the water column.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:25 pm

SR. I just looked up your boat as the name didn’t ring a bell immediately. Man that isn’t what youd call aesthetically pleasing but it looks like a fishing weapon! How does it perform?

Return to “Snapper Fishing”