2021 Snapper Season

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: 2021 Snapper Season

Post by Mattblack » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:25 am

40cm.jpg
40cm.jpg (22.6 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Gave it another crack before work this morning. Sounded around Williamstown (14.2deg) without much luck so shot over to Black Rock (15.2deg). Was dead quite until the fish came on the bite at Sunrise...plague proportion pinkies again, had heaps of great runs & managed to get 2 x 40cm.
Cant wait for the next session, the fish are starting to get agro!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:04 am

A couple of nice pinkies mate!
I gave it a go for some reds a couple of days ago but no luck.
Went to get a feed of pinkies and did alright. Might pop up a report later!
Cheers 👍🏻

Fishstix
Has liked: 22 times

Post by Fishstix » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 am

I went out Tuesday evening with a mate. Was planning on trying some spots around Mordi 10-12m to keep away from the masses but failed to sound up anything worth trying. Ended up sounding along the 8-10m from Ricketts to black rock and found some nice arches. My god I’ve never seen so many boats. The micro pinkies didn’t seem to be there which was a nice change. After catching a bit of a mixed bag of salmon, 2 pan sized pinkies, some flatties and a port Jackson I finally got my first for the season. About 2kg on a fresh salmon head. The waters certainly not boiling with snapper yet but they’re starting to show up.
Attachments
Image1.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 am

Fishstix wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 am
I went out Tuesday evening with a mate. Was planning on trying some spots around Mordi 10-12m to keep away from the masses but failed to sound up anything worth trying. Ended up sounding along the 8-10m from Ricketts to black rock and found some nice arches. My god I’ve never seen so many boats. The micro pinkies didn’t seem to be there which was a nice change. After catching a bit of a mixed bag of salmon, 2 pan sized pinkies, some flatties and a port Jackson I finally got my first for the season. About 2kg on a fresh salmon head. The waters certainly not boiling with snapper yet but they’re starting to show up.
Nice fish mate.
My mate and I got a nice one Tuesday arvo around 6 kilo out in 17 metres 😊

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:08 pm

Fishstix wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:24 am
Well done, nice size fish! Great to see some snapper reports up gents...was starting to worry this forum was turning into Bream & Carp fishermen hook up group. :-D

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:33 pm

Got about 80 fish the other day off Patto in 7-8m. All ravenouse pinkies. 2 legals amongst em.

Tuesday night got out on wpb and pulled a 5kg at Joe’s island. Ate it last night. Got that out of the system. Now time to target squid and ting lol

Return to “Snapper Fishing”