PPB finding arches

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Re: PPB finding arches

Post by Sebb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:26 pm

maxmikoo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:10 am
Are these real arches? One of them i'm not so sure about but either way, all were anchored on and burleyed to for nothing this morning
Yup, those two are fish.
Finding them is one thing, get them to bite is a diff story. But those two are definitely fish. I'm 99.9% sure.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

ben475
Has liked: 162 times

Post by ben475 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:54 pm

sounding around for a while is fine, but i wouldn't be spending hours doing it if your time on the water is limited. on the other hand you could try trolling some lures while your sounding.
at some point you need to get baits in the water to have a chance at catching. either anchor up and berley or drift.
the afn fishing map for port philip has some gps marks you can try for starting points. the artificial reefs are worth a try.

maxmikoo

Post by maxmikoo » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:44 pm

ben475 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:54 pm
sounding around for a while is fine, but i wouldn't be spending hours doing it if your time on the water is limited. on the other hand you could try trolling some lures while your sounding.
at some point you need to get baits in the water to have a chance at catching. either anchor up and berley or drift.
the afn fishing map for port philip has some gps marks you can try for starting points. the artificial reefs are worth a try.
That's a bloody good idea about the trolling. Love salmon as a bait coz the pickers cant tear it to shreds as easily

maxmikoo

Post by maxmikoo » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:46 pm

Sebb wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:26 pm
maxmikoo wrote:
Are these real arches? One of them i'm not so sure about but either way, all were anchored on and burleyed to for nothing this morning
Yup, those two are fish.
Finding them is one thing, get them to bite is a diff story. But those two are definitely fish. I'm 99.9% sure.
Yep i'm slowly learning, funnily enough i just got gifted a low range hds7 for my 18th. I know what everyone will say, it's about the fisherman not their gear but i'm hoping it'll help me in a fair few ways and who wouldn't take that as a gift. Dunno how sone people bag out every session because you're absolutely right, nothing we do seems to get them to bite.

maxmikoo

Post by maxmikoo » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:46 pm

maxmikoo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:46 pm
Sebb wrote:
maxmikoo wrote:
Yup, those two are fish.

Yep i'm slowly learning, funnily enough i just got gifted a low range hds7 for my 18th. I know what everyone will say, it's about the fisherman not their gear but i'm hoping it'll help me in a fair few ways and who wouldn't take that as a gift. Dunno how sone people bag out every session because you're absolutely right, nothing we do seems to get them to bite.
Lowarance*

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:51 pm

Did tou save those marks.
Those are def 2 smaller sized snapper and few pinkies as well by the looks of it.

What sebb said is a good option. Browse through old magazines or even this site and get some gps marks and enter them. Into your sounder.

Alternatively join one of the subscription sites like saltguide and see what's on offer..

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:47 pm

maxmikoo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:46 pm
Sebb wrote:
maxmikoo wrote:
Yup, those two are fish.
Try not to stress too much and completely focusing on it. Even pros can have donut days.
Just do your best, pray, and no bananas on board.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Snapper Fishing”