Beware Stingers

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
denis barden

Beware Stingers

Post by denis barden » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am

The past few weeks ive caught about 6 small stingrays -That have a nasty barb on them ,They can also turnbackward and get ya.
With the Caravan parks opening at St Leonards there will be a increase of these beasts as the Campers clean their Fush in the salt water and throw their unwanted bits in.
Last year I heard of 4 campers stung by stingers -No good going to Geelong Hospital on your holidays getting a barb cut out of your foot.
A few months ago I dropped a small flathead on my White Gum Boots -Its dorsal spike went thru the top of my boot and into top of my foot -Not nice

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Beware Stingers

Post by hornet » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:00 pm

denis barden wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am
The past few weeks ive caught about 6 small stingrays -That have a nasty barb on them ,They can also turnbackward and get ya.
With the Caravan parks opening at St Leonards there will be a increase of these beasts as the Campers clean their Fush in the salt water and throw their unwanted bits in.
Last year I heard of 4 campers stung by stingers -No good going to Geelong Hospital on your holidays getting a barb cut out of your foot.
A few months ago I dropped a small flathead on my White Gum Boots -Its dorsal spike went thru the top of my boot and into top of my foot -Not nice
Thx dennis ! I'll make sure to give Geelong hospital a wide berth and never wear white gum boots when visiting St Leonards ! :rf:

I still haven't taken the new rig out ! I can't get the dang rego numbers straight !

Keep a lookout for me I'll be the boat with an artistic flair with numbers !
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Thanks for the warning

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Kind of reminds me of some nights I used to go spear fishing with some mates and seeing many small rays. I was a bit worried I might step on one!!!
Can never be too careful of those things!
Cheers :tu:

Jabango

Post by Jabango » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:39 pm

I have a friend that got stung with one of those. Super painful and luckily didn't have to go to the hospital.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”