Re: Oz fish today 1130 7 mate

Post by rb85 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:24 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:15 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:54 pm
cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 pm
It's not that it was a secret spot, you'll get bugger all without half a clue what you're doing there though
And that's exactly what was happening.
People were casting stupid looking plastics
Almost everyone were fishing mullet and it was total chaos there.
Fires were started, thrash was left and tempers flared quite a bit.
All that was never there prior to the show screening.
There's stiĺl fires and trash left at Patto and that episode was how many years ago? And don't even mention the abandoned joint towards the freeway when the junkies are around...

I was talking about the islands, it's a **** of a spot for a first timer to the area, especially one that hasn't fished mangroves before and only fishable by boat or kayak. Can't say there was increased fishing around westernport after the youfish episodes either
There was one particular youfish episode early season snapper on the eastern side of the bay that changed a few things.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Plenty of locals from the west side spent winter not far from the east on the snapper long before winga aired it. I was talking the bream/eps with Warren Carter, another that locals have done for awhile

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:46 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:15 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:54 pm
cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 pm
It's not that it was a secret spot, you'll get bugger all without half a clue what you're doing there though
And that's exactly what was happening.
People were casting stupid looking plastics
Almost everyone were fishing mullet and it was total chaos there.
Fires were started, thrash was left and tempers flared quite a bit.
All that was never there prior to the show screening.
There's stiĺl fires and trash left at Patto and that episode was how many years ago? And don't even mention the abandoned joint towards the freeway when the junkies are around...

I was talking about the islands, it's a **** of a spot for a first timer to the area, especially one that hasn't fished mangroves before and only fishable by boat or kayak. Can't say there was increased fishing around westernport after the youfish episodes either
yep a good 6 or so years ago atleast id say, havent been to the abandoned joint, dont think i want to either.
i was there before, when and after they filmed the episodes, and i can tell you the traffic to the area pretty much increased substantially.
before that you pretty much knew everyone by name there.
anyhow.. i will have a watch of this video at some stage eventually.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:37 am

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 pm
Plenty of locals from the west side spent winter not far from the east on the snapper long before winga aired it. I was talking the bream/eps with Warren Carter, another that locals have done for awhile

But not as many not that I care but apparently others did. There’s plenty doing the bream eps in places no one would think about I know a few spots where I never see anyone. On your side there’s a massive stretch of water for them
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:47 am

ok having watched some of the ep ive got this to say

they where with a friend who knew the spot
They caught some fish and put them back

Are you all really that hung up over a spot? just remeber you pay fee's and have some bloody great fishing, i dont and i cant get many fish if i tried, so what if they show people what to use to catch a fish atleast its not paul with ifish and showing locations many may never be able to get to and last i checked he has been running longer then ozfish at 14 seasons compaired to 8 seasons. Guess what this forum is technicly public so you all burn spots yourself with reports unless put into the premium part of the forum and if you dont anyone with google maps or google earth can find your spot anyways with a few indicators on what to look for.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:03 am

Everyones allowed their opinion mate, lets not start another argument!
i have just watched the episode last night.
All im saying is lets call a trevally a trevally and not an EP! :-D

As for paul, he has bigger fish to fry mate, lets not compare him to Ozfish, both are doing similar things, but one local and other worldwide.

heres the episode if anyone wants to watch it

Estuary perch in Venus Bay

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:19 pm

saph wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:47 am
ok having watched some of the ep ive got this to say

they where with a friend who knew the spot
They caught some fish and put them back

Are you all really that hung up over a spot? just remeber you pay fee's and have some bloody great fishing, i dont and i cant get many fish if i tried, so what if they show people what to use to catch a fish atleast its not paul with ifish and showing locations many may never be able to get to and last i checked he has been running longer then ozfish at 14 seasons compaired to 8 seasons. Guess what this forum is technicly public so you all burn spots yourself with reports unless put into the premium part of the forum and if you dont anyone with google maps or google earth can find your spot anyways with a few indicators on what to look for.
Think people who visit areas regularly or even live there get protective for a few reasons.

After exposure there’s the added rubbish that comes from some visitors, some boaters and anglers don’t give a **** about respecting others space and the need to protect the fishery especially for a species as special as Estuary Perch.

As for burning spots I’m very broad in any public reports but am happy to and have shared info and advice if people PM me here.

This location here is hardly an unpublished secret which is why I mentioned it was on.

Respect the Species, The Environment and Fellow anglers and it will be ok to visit.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”