If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Re: Eating stingray.....

Post by Irishfisherman » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:07 pm

Sebb wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:55 am
Good stuff :tu:
I remember when I went to Singapore, they had specialty dish called grilled stingray. Famous Singaporean dish apparently.
So I thought of taking home stingray, but after watching videos on how to prep it, it's exactly what you said, fair effort only to get tiny bit of the edible flesh (compared to it's whole body).
Yeah mate, not a great amount of meat, but if you want to take something home then it’d beat nothing.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Irishfisherman wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:31 am

Thats very true mate, Im very lucky that I've grown to 6'2 and do kickboxing and jiujitsu so I would at least like to think that I can handle myself, additionally I've generally got a spear in my hand which helps. But I don't think anyone is a match for a crackhead those guys are unstoppable, lol. But yeah, in life there is always going to be risks associated with the things you do, and my parents understand that. Every time you get in the car there is a chance you come out a mangled wreck, if you try to avoid everything that's dangerous, life isn't going to be much fun. Understandably, it's not your decision its your parents, but that's my take on it.
Well Said Young Man ... Very Well Said Indeed !!!! :tu: :gj:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Sebb wrote:
I remember when I went to Singapore, they had specialty dish called grilled stingray. Famous Singaporean dish apparently.
So I thought of taking home stingray, but after watching videos on how to prep it, it's exactly what you said, fair effort only to get tiny bit of the edible flesh (compared to it's whole body).
From what i understand Banjo is similar. Very nice to eat, but a fair effort to get it. There was a thread about it a while back, pretty sure i said that next time i will give it a try but i havent got one since.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:21 pm
Sebb wrote:
From what i understand Banjo is similar. Very nice to eat, but a fair effort to get it. There was a thread about it a while back, pretty sure i said that next time i will give it a try but i havent got one since.
Yes Banjo's huge waste of time I let them go now...
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:28 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Sebb wrote:
Banjos have tough wings but there’s a bit of meat on the tail. It was pretty hard to get the skin off the first time I tried, and the taste wasn’t flash so I didn’t bother with them after that. I’ve kept a few skates though, those are great.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:06 am

4liters wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:28 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Sebb wrote:
Banjos have tough wings but there’s a bit of meat on the tail. It was pretty hard to get the skin off the first time I tried, and the taste wasn’t flash so I didn’t bother with them after that. I’ve kept a few skates though, those are great.
I got heaps of feeds off this skate... ( Off a pier before new laws came in )
Attachments
IMAG0189.jpg
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”