Waste of time/money stuff

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Re: Waste of time/money stuff

Post by smokin_reels » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:59 am

But on that note,
Sometimes with all the relatively closed minded posts and half assed trip reports on here,
I sometimes feel the FV premium membership is a waste of coin.
Not to mention the bickering amongst adults who clearly have common passions and chase the same fish.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:09 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:23 am
colnick wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:13 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:18 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:09 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:21 am
I don't agree with braid and shinny lures. Some people like to fish for other things rather than Whiting and without them you will struggle. I would like to add egi rods to the list though
Nothing wrong with egi rods either.
I find with the longer rod and specific taper I can make the jigs dance nicely when needed. You will struggle on a shorter stiffer rod to do the same.
If I'm fishing for bait and need squid asap I dont bother with it, I still catch them ofcourse but it's nowhere as fun. And I'm predominantly using smaller sized jigs.

Ofcourse you don't need anything of the above sort if all your doing is setting rods in the holders and drifting your favourite grounds in the pitch of the dark using mono line, and then wonder why you need to change the barbs on the jigs to bigger ones cause the squid aren't hooking themselves properly..

Everyone has their way to fish, just because one is buying GPS marks and fishing there and having success, doesn't mean the other shouldn't use braided lines or shiney lures, or perhaps someone else shouldn't try for snapper using graphite rods.

I'd hate to think what these fisherman would do if they got thrown out of their comfort zone and had to fish with other equipment.

Im excited at the prospect of trying new things, maybe I'm crazy but I'm going fishing to satisfy myself, not someone else.

Cheers
I like to chase bass and EP's and without braid and fluro a person would struggle. I just don't rate catching squid. I don't have a problem with people targeting squid, it's just not that exciting for me. I have caught squid in every way possible, even with jigs just sitting on the bottom and besides getting squirted in the eyes, especially if you use a kayak, it's just a bit boring. When you catch Bass on 6lb gear thgat over 40cm, the rest is mediocre
That's an interesting observation. I rarely fish for bass now but over my years in northern NSW I caught hundreds of bass on lures, going back to quaint things like the old, but deadly, Flopy. I never used braid or fluoro. I'm not knocking braid but we sometimes forget that braid is a relatively recent development and we were successfully fishing, without struggling, long before braid came into vogue.
What lb mono did you use back then?
What’s the best cheese for cod a block of standard Bega or some of the fancy stuff people eat at tasting’s ?
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:48 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:09 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
colnick wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:09 pm

Nothing wrong with egi rods either.
I find with the longer rod and specific taper I can make the jigs dance nicely when needed. You will struggle on a shorter stiffer rod to do the same.
If I'm fishing for bait and need squid asap I dont bother with it, I still catch them ofcourse but it's nowhere as fun. And I'm predominantly using smaller sized jigs.

Ofcourse you don't need anything of the above sort if all your doing is setting rods in the holders and drifting your favourite grounds in the pitch of the dark using mono line, and then wonder why you need to change the barbs on the jigs to bigger ones cause the squid aren't hooking themselves properly..

Everyone has their way to fish, just because one is buying GPS marks and fishing there and having success, doesn't mean the other shouldn't use braided lines or shiney lures, or perhaps someone else shouldn't try for snapper using graphite rods.

I'd hate to think what these fisherman would do if they got thrown out of their comfort zone and had to fish with other equipment.

Im excited at the prospect of trying new things, maybe I'm crazy but I'm going fishing to satisfy myself, not someone else.

Cheers
I like to chase bass and EP's and without braid and fluro a person would struggle. I just don't rate catching squid. I don't have a problem with people targeting squid, it's just not that exciting for me. I have caught squid in every way possible, even with jigs just sitting on the bottom and besides getting squirted in the eyes, especially if you use a kayak, it's just a bit boring. When you catch Bass on 6lb gear thgat over 40cm, the rest is mediocre
That's an interesting observation. I rarely fish for bass now but over my years in northern NSW I caught hundreds of bass on lures, going back to quaint things like the old, but deadly, Flopy. I never used braid or fluoro. I'm not knocking braid but we sometimes forget that braid is a relatively recent development and we were successfully fishing, without struggling, long before braid came into vogue.
What’s the best cheese for cod a block of standard Bega or some of the fancy stuff people eat at tasting’s ?
I don't know, you're telling the story, lol. It's a bit like telling fishing stories without pictures, which one would you choose?

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:59 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:48 pm
rb85 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:09 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
colnick wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:

I don't know, you're telling the story, lol. It's a bit like telling fishing stories without pictures, which one would you choose?
For clear water cod I would use Brie de Meaux for dirty lower Murray fish I’d give craft singles a go…
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”