April, Portland, BFT

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: April, Portland, BFT

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:36 am

cobby wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:27 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:59 pm
Inside info is to be prepared to loose fish due to dingbats running over lines.
People are inviting each other into their boats to have a punch up.
Good luck to whoever is going..take some extra ammo just in case....
Yep... Ziad Mesto(for those that don't know the bloke with the pimped out Westgate Metals Camcraft with twin Honda's...)put up a video on sookbook of some idiot running over one of their fish. Fair to say ***** been hektik down there this week bro
Ha ha I watched that vid then can see how things could go downhill rapidly.. Wonder if the bloke in the Haines realised before it was too late.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 am

People f*7K up, especially when they are learning.

To many ego's in fishing. People to easily forget we all start somewhere.

Get over it, everyone is just trying to have some fun.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:58 am

cobby wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:27 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:59 pm
Inside info is to be prepared to loose fish due to dingbats running over lines.
People are inviting each other into their boats to have a punch up.
Good luck to whoever is going..take some extra ammo just in case....
Yep... Ziad Mesto(for those that don't know the bloke with the pimped out Westgate Metals Camcraft with twin Honda's...)put up a video on sookbook of some idiot running over one of their fish. Fair to say ***** been hektik down there this week bro
Wheres the link?

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 am

When the boats run over the lines, I guess it is accidental due to being too close or do they do it deliberately!

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:58 pm

April Fool wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 am
When the boats run over the lines, I guess it is accidental due to being too close or do they do it deliberately!
It would be accidental but should be avoided. Comes down to communication between boats and respecting other people’s space. Unfortunately the video doesn’t give a clear picture of what occurred.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:04 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 am

Yepi I agree in some respects but not entirely. Fishing has become egotistical for some.
People need to start somewhere and need to learn and have fun true.

But a lot of expenses are spent to do this style of fishing and what could be a fish of a lifetime for someone could be lost due to ignorance, lack of awareness or care etc.

Learn what’s required by talking to or going with other experienced anglers to best as possible avoid these situations.

Does it make violence acceptable absolutely not.
These are general remarks as the fellas video doesn’t tell the whole story.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:52 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:04 pm
yepi'mon wrote:

Yepi I agree in some respects but not entirely. Fishing has become egotistical for some.

But a lot of expenses are spent to do this style of fishing and what could be a fish of a lifetime for someone could be lost due to ignorance, lack of awareness or care etc.

Learn what’s required by talking to or going with other experienced anglers to best as possible avoid these situations.

I agree with you - learn as much as you can before you go out.

But sometimes you just don't know until you know. Fishing and boating is all about experience. The more you do it.... the better you are.

I have just found there is a massive amount of arrogance with a lot of boaters who think they run the show.

I mean come on let's be honest - do you really think the barrel was that high in the water at that distance away that the Haines would have cut his line?

Fair enough to give him more space but no doubt that area was packed with boats all within close distance of each other.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:43 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:52 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:04 pm
yepi'mon wrote:

I agree with you - learn as much as you can before you go out.

But sometimes you just don't know until you know. Fishing and boating is all about experience. The more you do it.... the better you are.

I have just found there is a massive amount of arrogance with a lot of boaters who think they run the show.

I mean come on let's be honest - do you really think the barrel was that high in the water at that distance away that the Haines would have cut his line?

Fair enough to give him more space but no doubt that area was packed with boats all within close distance of each other.
I spent my youth trolling Lake Eucumbene with my dad in the tinnie, and there is a certain etiquette amongst those who know what to do, I have had speed boats run over my lines and it is annoying, considering they could have given me a wider berth.

Sure there are the arrogant people who think they own the ocean and there are others who are naive and have never had it explained or taught to them. I putting a dash cam on my boat this year.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pm

April Fool wrote:
I reckon some of them come close when they see someone has hooked up, thinking that there's likely a school of fish in the vicinity and hoping to hook something as well. So I don't think they're deliberately trying to cut someone's line (the guys who've had run-ins with Matt Hunt may disagree) but there's certainly a lack of respect for other fishermen and a degree of selfishness involved.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:10 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pm
April Fool wrote:
I reckon some of them come close when they see someone has hooked up, thinking that there's likely a school of fish in the vicinity and hoping to hook something as well. So I don't think they're deliberately trying to cut someone's line (the guys who've had run-ins with Matt Hunt may disagree) but there's certainly a lack of respect for other fishermen and a degree of selfishness involved.
It is very difficult to see the angle of the fishing line so the fish could be anywhere if it is a barrel.

Return to “Game Fishing”