Bermie 15th march

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Bermie 15th march

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:07 am

Arrived sat 10.5 hours drive from portarlington stopped at the Todd rd servo and picked up 2 mates. Settled into the house and set the boat up and met up with Dave he came a few days earlier.
We gave Sunday a crack and got three quarters of the way to the 12 mile it was pretty rough but then the waves changed coming side on and starting to break discretion is the best form of Valor so we turned around and went back to the 6 mile.
We found some bait dropped on it what a mixture yaccas,slimies and couta. A few other odd bycatches a long finned pike and a morwong.
By now it was really rough so we decided to troll home.

The mon it was blowing hard so pub for lunch then we noticed one of my bearing buddies was missing I spent hours on the phone trying to get a replacement but mine are an odd size 52 mm dia, the worse thing is I have 2 spares at home I rang the misses she has posted them too me they arrive thurs. so we.ty wrapped a plastic bag over the hub.
Tue looked ok a bit rough on the way out but it calmed down we found some bait high all slimies but they were smaller than previous years. We rigged up some baits and started trolling the teasers and skip baits between the two boats we had one hit sealed twice and albatrosses once. Headed home around 4.30 washed the boats rods etc bbq few drinks in bed around 9 ready for today.

Return to “Game Fishing”