10 person bag out

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Re: 10 person bag out

Post by Seniorfisho » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:16 am

re-tyred wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:55 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:23 am
rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:32 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:29 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:27 pm

I care about all habitats and populations of fish species irrespective if I target them or not
I don't
That’s sad I feel for your soul
I could say the same about your imaginary fish catches, you know, the ones without pictures
I think it is time to stop the attitude Seniorfisho.
I'm just trying to shake the place up a bit, the site is dead, if you don't mind me asking, what's the attitude you allude to. It's more a case of people having a different opinion but some want to make it personal. Sorry, if that doesn't suit your agenda

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:25 am

Calling people liars , harassing people about keeping fish to eat, using statements like IDGAF. When replying to others opinions. It's a long list. Stiring the place up as you put it is not helpful. The forum is not dead. It provides a lot of help and handy info to many people. Take the age old advise "if you don't have something good to say, say nothing"
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:50 am

re-tyred wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:25 am
Calling people liars , harassing people about keeping fish to eat, using statements like IDGAF. When replying to others opinions. It's a long list. Stiring the place up as you put it is not helpful. The forum is not dead. It provides a lot of help and handy info to many people. Take the age old advise "if you don't have something good to say, say nothing"
Forums not dead, but it's not really healthy either...bit of banter in between reports is refreshing to be honest.
Wish I could post more, but getting out on the water has been tough for the last year or 2 (and when I have, the fishing has been very average)
Facebook is on the decline, so hopefully a few old members start coming back :tu:

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:57 am

I edited your post for your below
Mattblack wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:50 am
Forums not dead, but it's not really healthy either...bit of banter in between reports is refreshing to be honest.
Wish I could post more, but getting out on the water has been tough for the last year or 2 (and when I have, the fisherman has been very average)
Facebook is on the decline, so hopefully a few old members start coming back :tu:

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:57 am

yepi'mon wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:57 am
Mattblack wrote:
Wish I could post more, but getting out on the water has been tough for the last year or 2 (and when I have, the fisherman has been very average)
I heard all you caught was crabs last year

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:54 am

Mattblack wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:57 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Just give them to the mother in law if you don’t want them
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:30 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:57 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Should have gone to saltguide :te:

Longbombs
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Longbombs » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:26 pm

Aus' impact on the SBT stock is marginal compared to the other countries like Japan, Indo, China, Russia and probably a few others.

Still, I reckon Aus commercial tuna limit should be lowered significantly

I also reckon the recreational tuna limit should be changed for fish at sexual maturity (female ~100kg and male ~50K).

Given identifying male and female is not viable, perhaps a bag limit of one for fish >50kg would be reasonable.

They are critically endangered species so we should do everything to speed up their recovery ASAP.

Even though our impact is minimal, it's better than nothing IMO.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:58 pm

SBT are recovering and limits were increased.

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:53 pm

The Twenty Fifth Meeting of the Scientific Committee noted from the 2020 full stock assessment that:

The stock, as indicated by relative Total Reproductive Output (TRO), is estimated to be 20% (16-24%; 80% P.I.);
The stock remains below the level estimated to produce maximum sustainable yield (MSY);
There has been improvement since previous stock assessments conducted in 2017 which indicated that relative TRO was at 13% (11-17% 80% PI);
The fishing mortality rate is below the level associated with MSY; and
The stock has been rebuilding by approximately 5% per year since the low point in 2009.
The 2020 assessment also indicated that the stock has increased from a low of 10% of initial TRO in 2009.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Game Fishing”