WIN WIN WIN!!!!!Portland Tuna Charter

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
shazzagraz

Re: Portland Tuna Charter

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:18 pm

ducky wrote:whats the harm in what he has done?

he IS offering a prize for getting the word out about his business, 10 times better then a first post which asks where the fish are biting.

i don't see this as any different to the shimano facebook likes to win a 30k stella that was put up a couple days ago.
The issue is simply that he is promoting (albeit indirectly) his business on this forum, yet he is not a paid sponsor. There are other business' on this forum that pay to sponsor the site, and that gives them the right to advertise on the forum. These paid sponsors would get upset, understandably, that another business is advertising without having paid for their sponsorship.

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:23 pm

GummySlayer wrote:There's a difference though ducky. The Shimano Stella Comp is a LEGITIMATE comp, that's been registered and guaranteed.
There's nothing to say this is actually going to happen. You're going off the word of a bloke you don't know.
Whether or not the proline comp is legitimate is not an issue at all, since he is not asking for an entry fee. There are no raffle tickets, no need to purchase anything to gain entry into the comp, no monetary loss to anyone for entering.
To me, the difference with the shimano comp being posted on here, is that shimano didn't post it. Shimano haven't come on here promoting themselves, it was posted by a general member.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Some good points everybody! Now I REALLY THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO LET THIS REST! (I think I know how to lock topics now :D ) The charter operator is going to contact Jon. Jon will decide. So lets leave it alone.
thanks
Jim

Edit: I also acknowledge that during this discussion members have not insulted other members so that is good. Some not so good accusations as well. I just don't see any point discussing anything that is out of our control.
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

hangsta*

Post by hangsta* » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:31 pm

i'm in. i would love to go on that trip, it's awsome to give someone that opportunity good on ya pfc.

prolinefc

Post by prolinefc » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Guys/gals. We have been in contact with FV, we are not selling anything. As a fishing charter that has been operating for over 30 years, we are offering a fishing trip for Facebook likes. We hope to not only offer opportunities such as this one but also advice and photos if wanted. Happy fishing guys! http://Www.facebook.com/prolinefishingcharters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Good stuff mate, love your work! Thanks for bringing the comp to our attention.

TravvyQ

Post by TravvyQ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 pm

done :-)

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 387 times

Post by fishingvic » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Whilst I acknowledge this is promoting a business, I am a big fan of free fishing prizes!

They are just asking for a Facebook "Like" which is very common these days. Members have a choice if they want to Like the page and enter the competition.

I personally would love to win this Portland Bluefin tuna charter prize. :love10:
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:23 pm

fishingvic wrote:Whilst I acknowledge this is promoting a business, I am a big fan of free fishing prizes!

They are just asking for a Facebook "Like" which is very common these days. Members have a choice if they want to Like the page and enter the competition.

I personally would love to win this Portland Bluefin tuna charter prize. :love10:

I second that, even though in about 2 weeks I will out there hoping for a tuna.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 pm

all good then. Done and dusted. :thumbsup:

what is Facebook? :roflmao:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Return to “Game Fishing”