Needs abit of Game Advice please! ( Black Marlin )

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
vinhii

Needs abit of Game Advice please! ( Black Marlin )

Post by vinhii » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:26 am

Hi guys ... Ive planned a 10 day fishing trip up in Exmouth ( Western Australia ) in about 2 months or so,..

I`ll be hiring a boat up there for about half a week ,.. Just curious if anyone has any Game fishing Experience? ( black marlin )

Fishes im targeting up there are GT/Black Marlin & Sail Fish.. "duel:

Does anyone have any advice on what set-up i should have and what other tips you guys can give me is much appreciated!
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Master Baiter
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Needs abit of Game Advice please! ( Black Marlin )

Post by Master Baiter » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:23 am

vinhii
Cant help you on your question but it sounds like you are going to have a fabulous trip there would be a lot of us that can only dream of such a trip .Good luck and I hope you get at least one of each
John
Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is .but it’s critical to know what it was.
Wally 20/6/20

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Cheers John,
Yeah i cant wait to get out there and enjoy my entire 10 days of fishing/diving its going to be great!!
I been searching up on google/youtube about the place and its looking awesome!

natho

Post by natho » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:06 pm

your a lucky man vinnhi. Some of the best billfishing this place has to offer happens their mate. If your boat is big enough then heead straight out to the shelf and troll the drop offs. closest route is from the north west end or ex peninsular. The reefs that run from the north west cape to the shelf are always worth the effort. Most of the bottom consists of mud and sand so if you find structure then you will find bait. world class bottom fishing also, same deal, find structure. Helby bank is also a very productive spot for marlin, sails, wahoo. Chasing G.Ts make sure you have heavy duty gear cause if everything is not %100 then you will get bricked everytime. Any pinnacle is worth a popper thrown at it but the best is when there is plenty of current running over it. also pick up trout, jack, cod, etc. North West Capes oyster rocks are well known for producing trevs on poppers at low light. Also oysters for brekky aint bad. The Muiron island are is a great place to fish, both reef and pelagics all through this area. But just be careful of the marine parks mate, they seem to be popping up everywhere.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 pm

natho wrote:your a lucky man vinnhi. Some of the best billfishing this place has to offer happens their mate. If your boat is big enough then heead straight out to the shelf and troll the drop offs. closest route is from the north west end or ex peninsular. The reefs that run from the north west cape to the shelf are always worth the effort. Most of the bottom consists of mud and sand so if you find structure then you will find bait. world class bottom fishing also, same deal, find structure. Helby bank is also a very productive spot for marlin, sails, wahoo. Chasing G.Ts make sure you have heavy duty gear cause if everything is not %100 then you will get bricked everytime. Any pinnacle is worth a popper thrown at it but the best is when there is plenty of current running over it. also pick up trout, jack, cod, etc. North West Capes oyster rocks are well known for producing trevs on poppers at low light. Also oysters for brekky aint bad. The Muiron island are is a great place to fish, both reef and pelagics all through this area. But just be careful of the marine parks mate, they seem to be popping up everywhere.

Hay natho!! Thanks Heaps!! I am pretty lucky :P alot of my other mates are jealous of me atm hahaha :super:

Cheers for the advice! really appreciate it heaps , yeah the boat will be a 7.5m boat so it not bad..
ive spoken to my mate and yeah we targetting the drop offs .. im also getting so new gear to handle the G.Ts dont want to lose one after a good fight lol

mMmm yum oysters for brekkie sounds amazing! def will try it out!
Ive also noticed theres heaps of marine parks everywhere so going to be abit hard to fish .. but i hope some of the locals can gime some tips too..

Once again thanks Natho :thumbsup:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:52 pm

The closest thing i got to a marlin is a huge garfish. Want some advise how to catch them? :grin:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Great trip planned "vinhii" , certainly hope you catch your dream fish . :)

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Fish-cador wrote:The closest thing i got to a marlin is a huge garfish. Want some advise how to catch them? :grin:
hahaha i want the Game fish Marlin :P

MIKER - Thanks bud! i really hope so too!! i cant wait for this to happen im really excited for it!! :D ill be sure to take alot of pictures if i do hehehe

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Yep sounds like a once in a life time trip alright....
Yes photos and videos are a must! Thats one thing i regret not doing for years and years... no pics at all....til recent... and now all those memories of PB are all in my head only....cant show my son and the memory banks are starting to fade with age...lol

Dr Drift...
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 am

Dr Drift wrote:Yep sounds like a once in a life time trip alright....
Yes photos and videos are a must! Thats one thing i regret not doing for years and years... no pics at all....til recent... and now all those memories of PB are all in my head only....cant show my son and the memory banks are starting to fade with age...lol

Dr Drift...

Yesss i knoww the more i read up about the place the more anxious i get to just want to get going already hehehe there is so much to do there not just fishing but i seriously cant wait and try out some of my underwater toys i.e Built in with my Mask a Camera hehe :tongue: so that will be fun! so ill def be making a Video :lol:

Doc, if only we could tap into our memories and put it onto our digital Tv screens and record and watch them beautiful memories again and again.. this is why at my young age im recording and taking pictures of the fun days i have fishing so when i get to an old age i can look back to my best and worst times fishing hehe :)

Return to “Game Fishing”