Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron

Fishing club news, reports and notifications of upcoming fishing competitions.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron

Post by purple5ive » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 am

Mattblack wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:29 pm
yepi'mon wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:37 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:01 am
purple5ive wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:36 am
That's a lot of money a year to launch a boat!!!
Especially when all the ramps are free now....looks like it's a bit more social (& family orientated) than regular fishing clubs if you look at their Facebook page. St Kilda is my local, but cleaning tables and washdown facilities are only available to members and I dont want to fork out nearly $3000pa (I wouldnt use the boat storage that comes with the membership)
Surely you’d have a few dollars left over from the savings on all that discounted tb2f Super UV gear?
Dont know how he can afford his new Bar Crusher flogging everything at cost price..must have made his fortune doing guided fishing tours last year
Haha yeah he got some good sponsorship deal that was too good to pass up is what I got told..
Im not so sure about going to barcrusher from a poly though. Entirely different sort of boat, personally I would have gone the warrior like what eddy has. Everyone thats been in it has been very impressed with it. But thats my 2c.

So out of curiosity, how do the places like launching way, st kilda marina and beaumaris yacht club survive now with such high fees considering that you can launch for free now at almost any ramp. Plus you have covid ruinining businesses everywhere...

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 am

purple5ive wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 am
Mattblack wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Especially when all the ramps are free now....looks like it's a bit more social (& family orientated) than regular fishing clubs if you look at their Facebook page. St Kilda is my local, but cleaning tables and washdown facilities are only available to members and I dont want to fork out nearly $3000pa (I wouldnt use the boat storage that comes with the membership)
Surely you’d have a few dollars left over from the savings on all that discounted tb2f Super UV gear?
Dont know how he can afford his new Bar Crusher flogging everything at cost price..must have made his fortune doing guided fishing tours last year
Haha yeah he got some good sponsorship deal that was too good to pass up is what I got told..
Im not so sure about going to barcrusher from a poly though. Entirely different sort of boat, personally I would have gone the warrior like what eddy has. Everyone thats been in it has been very impressed with it. But thats my 2c.

So out of curiosity, how do the places like launching way, st kilda marina and beaumaris yacht club survive now with such high fees considering that you can launch for free now at almost any ramp. Plus you have covid ruinining businesses everywhere...
You're basically paying to increase your chances of getting a park during peak season...I guess some people are happy to pay for the privilege

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:50 am

ill take my chances at the local ramp, just like every year..
yes definitely handy having a better chance at having a park ready for you, if you have the money to pay for the privilege then lucky you!!

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:12 pm

Mattblack wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
I was thinking the same thing not long ago :rf: :rf:

Return to “Victorian Fishing Clubs”