extremely poor service from 3 boat sales, or dealerships

Flathead, common catch that tastes great!
georged2

Re: extremely poor service from 3 boat sales, or dealerships

Post by georged2 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:40 pm

WHOOPS correction, I meant TOM not Tony
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:08 pm

georged2 wrote:WHOOPS correction, I meant TOM not Tony

LOL'

Yes Tom and old team are no longer with us.... and like Mike said "Not everyone will get on with everyone" human nature....

the main thing is not to let past problems or misunderstandings stand in the way off getting a good deal or good service(as in work on your boat...lol)....our current sales team are under strict condtions atm and are going through a total revamp....big changes in the works.... same with the workshop...

Look I am actually at the rear in the service department but I have authority to sell boats if it ever arises..... So like i said anything whether it be fixing, maintaining your current rig or you wanted a new rig or anything in between???? Id be able to help and if I cant id quite happily point you in the right direction.... at a discounted rate too or at least id try my best.... ;)
And yes I do remember you ;)
And yes this new years same thing happened, i was told I couldnt dock there too.... was quite dissappointed as that spot was very good with showers etc..... though we got a spot alittle further up so the fireworks where right in front off us again so no drama....
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

georged2

Post by georged2 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:42 pm

In that case I'll drop in some day soon and say G'Day, I always used to look out for that gold car and often thought if it wasn't there to drop in.
Early to bed, Early to rise, Fish all day, Tell big lies

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:59 pm

georged2 wrote:In that case I'll drop in some day soon and say G'Day,
Anytime mate....
Talk to you soon.... ;)
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:49 am

Cant help but chuckle a bit fellas.
Sorry 'bout that, but having been in the auto industry for the vast majority of my working life I'm not surprised at all by what guys are saying here.
Believe me, I've seen it all & the marine industry is absolutely no differnet (yeah I have worked in that area as well & still do on a part time basis).
Unfortunately the vast majority of dealerships are inevitably owned by ex-salesmen (are salesmen ever 'ex').
These guys will generally sell their grandmother to make a buck & not blink an eye in the process.
Their focus is inevitably on sales of new product & they only grundgingly offer service/warranty becasue they have to.
What they fail ro realise (or more likely simply couldn't care less about) is that 'sales' only sells the first car (boat, bike, whatever). It's 'service' that keeps customers comming back, repeatedly updating & buying new. Unfortunatly most of these guys couldn't care a snake's whallop as by the time a customer has had his use out of his product, & is ready for his next pourchase/upgrade, there's every chance the guy owning the dealership will have made his squillions ripping people off, & will have well & truly retired - so his opinion? Stuff servicing the customers, get as much of the money as possible as fast as possible & get out quick.

Fortunately there are a few isolated bands of guys within the industry that actually take pride in what they do & love their job. They offer good service because it's what they like to do & take pride in doing well.

I've gotta be honest & say I am surprised that George had trouble with PP Marine.
As a mechanic by profession I've had quite a few dealings with them over the years, with regard to not only buying parts, etc through them but also seeking assistance, & I've got to say I've never had any cause for complaint at all. They have always been very helpful (although not always the cheapest - but they are fair & very convenient for me, living in Werribee).

Unfortunately mechanics, & particularly dealerships, are very much like gynocologysts - get a bad one & yer screwed before ya wake up.

Bill.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:28 am

As i said i only have good words for PPBC , but i also can Highly recommend -

"Tony Walker's" Footscray Marine
40 North View Dr
SUNSHINE, VIC, 3020 (03) 9312 0098 ..
He has been in business for over 20+ years & offers personal service "Great Bloke" . :thumbsup:

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am

Yeah gotta admit I've never had any dealings with Footscray marine myself but a mate of mine has been going through an insurance situation with them, following a rather disasterous episode last year, & they have been extremely helpful & very professional with it all. Certainly can't fault their service based on my mates experience with them.

Bill.

Return to “Flathead fishing”