Quick Trip to the Upper Goulburn

Fisho11
Has liked: 2 times

Quick Trip to the Upper Goulburn

Post by Fisho11 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:26 pm

Gday all,
I spent 3 days up past Kevington on the Goulburn chasing some stream trout something I haven't done much of until now.
We Camped on the river at Tunnel Bend reserve just past kevington, amazing little Camp ground.
From there we just drove around to numerous little areas where we could pull the car up and wade the good looking areas (most of the river) casting lures as we went. We ended up with over 40 fish between us 8 browns the rest rainbows, nothing pushing far over 30cm. Missed and dropped a few quality fish. Highlight of the trip though was seeing a 70-80+ cm Cod free swimming in under a foot of water just sitting in the current, tried sight casting the Sx40s we had on at them a dozen times each and nothing, My mate throws his out and fouls it up, as he's speed winding it along the surface the cod smashed it! While it didn't stick for long so cool to watch in such clear Water! I never thought they would be found so far up a river like that! I Was wondering if anyone else has seen Murray cod that far into trout country?
Cheers

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Quick Trip to the Upper Goulburn

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:39 pm

I know in Buffalo river they can be in the super clear water. But that's about it.
Sounds like you had a nice trip. Good on you :tu:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Quick Trip to the Upper Goulburn

Post by Lightningx » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:36 pm

Sounds like a great few days fishing!
Well done 😃