Latest craze

Targetting a specific fish species? Post your tactics here...
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Latest craze

Post by Nude up » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:24 pm

I dropped into a tackle shop in geelong wanting some 4 inch camo worms for flathead do you think I could buy some.
Since the fishing mad c31 episode no chance I had to buy 7 inch and I will cut them down. He also said we don't have the double attach point jig heads.
I looked through some old boxes of tackle and found some gamakatsu twinex hooks which use a float stopper to attach to the gape of the hook so you can swap your plastic.
We stopped using them due the damage they were inflicting on the undersized fish. They would get them so far down the gullet it is very hard to get them out.
Any body else use them
Attachments
16553643924460.jpg
16553642589160.jpg

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Re: Latest craze

Post by Seniorfisho » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:56 pm

I have caught whiting on plastics for years and never needed a stinger hook, lol. when you are sponsored by the guy that makes the stinger hooks you always get a rosy picture. you get a nice clean hook up without them

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Latest craze

Post by Nude up » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:29 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:56 pm
I have caught whiting on plastics for years and never needed a stinger hook, lol. when you are sponsored by the guy that makes the stinger hooks you always get a rosy picture. you get a nice clean hook up without them
The smaller grub style are great for the smaller mouthed fish but we lost loads of plastics due to the tail of the plastic getting bitten off using the worm style thats why we tried the stinger hooks but went away from it due to the damage to undersize fish.

Return to “Fishing techniques”