lake nagambie

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
troutman

lake nagambie

Post by troutman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:21 am

labour day weekend took the tinnie up to lake nagambie.....should of stayed home.
nothing was happening , the water was so murky that you couldnt even see the lure / bait two inches into the water.
result for the day was one carp , one fisheries licence check , and nearly one stuffed outboard !!
Due to a hectic week , fatigue and some poor markings upon a service station fuel pump.
i inadvertantly filled the boat fuel tank up with diesel instead of the good stuff. :doh1: :oops: i wasnt happy !!!
i then had to drain flush the tank .....anyway could of been worse if i started the motor.

so ...give nagambie a miss until it settles down ...

catch ya later :)

Rod Bender

Re: lake nagambie

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:12 am

A pity it didn't work out better. I am not fishing the local channels here (Shepp) because they are dirty. They come from Goulburn Weir so I guess it will be a few weeks at least until it clears. Rain upstream late last week will not help either but I guess it will improve things in the long run.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:37 pm

It's a nice piece of water to tow a lure Troutman.Havn't fished myself,but have heard good reports over the years.A bloke from Bendigo caught a 96cm cod before all the rain in the goulburn.Caught it on his redfin gear which he tossed averboard after it's release,because it was stuffed.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

troutman

Post by troutman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:11 am

thks for your input RB /MS.

yep u dont know when that big cod is going to hop on. :fish11:

we did do a bit of trolling first up, but only used shallow lures as the sounder had packed it in ,and we didnt know it was so deep in spots ie 15mtres, We only found out how deep when we dropped anchor and the rope kept on going and going .

whats good to see though is the number of fishery inspectors, in all my years of fishing in north east , i had never seen one .
now that i have the boat , i'm inundated by them .
keeps the fishos honest though !!!

geoff

catch ya later

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”