What's the deal with Devilsbend reservoir???

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
cotte

What's the deal with Devilsbend reservoir???

Post by cotte » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Just wanting to know if anyone knows the status of Devilsbend reservoir...been trying to google it with no confirmation of if it is open (it doesn't seem so) or when it will open...may admit a slight bit of laziness might be playing some part there lol.

I do remember though about a year ago from reading on a forum, can't remember which one, people were saying yes you can fish there...so I went, and to my disappointment I couldn't even get into the bloody place, which pissed me off cos I was all excited for a day of fishing and find a steamy pile of bull, and I didn't really wanna do the wrong thing.

Anyways during my research I found this pdf file, http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets ... Report.pdf which indicates that the actual spots that you can fish from are quite limited, which is a bit crap cos there are some nice little niches that look very nice to fish but apparently they are no fishing zones :angry: . But at least this will be a close place to catch browns and apparently in the future, estuary perch, which I have yet to catch neither of.

So any thoughts on this subject? Anybody on this forum that has any concrete word on what's going on with the reservoir? Feel free to drop us a line :D

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: What's the deal with Devilsbend reservoir???

Post by Brett » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:44 pm

No it's not open as yet, The closed off areas are aboriginal land, I'll see if I can dig up some more info for you over the next week.
You can fish in there, but you do get asked to leave at the moment, I think it is set to open late this year or early next, as above, I'll see what I can hunt up for you.

cotte

Post by cotte » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Aboriginal land? hmmm...it's just that there are walking/bird viewing areas all around and then there are maybe 3-5 designated fishing areas, from what i read and looked at from the web link i posted in my OP. Well thanks a lot for the input Brett, much appreciated.

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:48 pm

It's called Devil Bend (searching for Devils Bend gives quite different results)

Not sure about the reservoir itself, but we did a run there last year (might do it again this year). Here some info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devilbend_Reservoir
http://www.nattrust.com.au/trust_regist ... d_environs

and more, from the best search engine: http://www.bing.com/search?q=devil+bend

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 am

Hi guys, Devil bend will reopen AFTER October this year!

zack268

Post by zack268 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 pm

then in october they will make up another stupid excuse.

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am

zack268 wrote:then in october they will make up another stupid excuse.
That was from Steve at Parks Victoria, he assures me it will definitely open this year, probably mid November!
John :wall:

zack268

Post by zack268 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 pm

so its 2 nov now. open yet?

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 pm

where is this place ?
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

SuburbanMe

Post by SuburbanMe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Called up Parks Vic last week and asked about this. She said it's pretty much ready to go, they are just waiting for the paperwork to be signed. She said by the end of the year it'll be open, but she also said that getting the gov't to sign forms is never an easy job so just be prepared for it to tick over to the start of next year.

I reckon by the end of the year we'll be right. But I heard that no-one but me will be allowed to fish there as There's not enough fish. :P hahaha I want devilbend all to myself! :D j/k

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”