Jamieson - Kevington - Woods Point

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Boydwilliam

Jamieson - Kevington - Woods Point

Post by Boydwilliam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:36 am

Happy new year all,
My wife has just given me the green light to head away for a few nights and go camping in a few weeks.
I was thinking of heading to the Jamieson, Kevington, Woods Point area where I can combine my two hobbies, fishing and gold prospecting.
I've had a bit of a look on google and there appears to be a few camping grounds on the Goulburn river around the Kevington area.
I was just wondering if anyone has camped out that way and how accessible the Goulburn river is to go fishing?
It will be just me, the fishing rods, gold pans and an esky! Haha
I will be taking the camera so I'll be sure to write up a report.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Re: Jamieson - Kevington - Woods Point

Post by benders » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:05 pm

It's near Jamieson but on the Eildon-jamieson rd about half way between the two towns there is some sites on big river. If you are coming from eildon the first one is by the first bridge and if you go a k or two further there will be an unmarked track to your left and that leads to a further few sites. Mind you, I have only caught small trout but it is a lovely spot.

feralhunter

Post by feralhunter » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Great spot with plenty of small trout to be caught.I prefer Woods Point but a 4x4 is best to cross the river for better access(not too deep about 400mm).Find small spinners such as mepps black fury,celtas or insect spinners.Worms also work well.March flies like it also so be prepared.Plenty of good camp areas all over he way pick a spot you cant go wrong.

Boydwilliam

Post by Boydwilliam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks guys. I have a 4x4 so ill have a bit of a look around and see what i can find

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 pm

There is a small campsite called doctors creek a few miles out of Jami on the way to Woods point. On the right hand side. Small River, decent trout, great little quiet spot. No 4x4 needed. Also plenty on big River Rd. Prolly a few folks around this time of year though.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”