Use of gaffs in Victorian inland waters.

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Use of gaffs in Victorian inland waters.

Post by April Fool » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi all
After reading this thread( viewtopic.php?f=99&t=21892&start=30 ) that got derailed and was finally locked, I thought I would start this thread just to clarify something. I assume Wolly locked it and I don't blame him. But Wolly's last post was not accurate in this case.
Gaff.PNG
The link Wolly provided is too NSW fisheries regs. The thread that was locked is relevant to Victoria, as is this forum. Here is a link to the Victorian regs.
https://vfa.vic.gov.au/recreational-fis ... -equipment
Many members were aware of the regs anyway.
cheers
Jim

feralhunter

Re: Use of gaffs in Victorian inland waters.

Post by feralhunter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Now lets not dance about the original post was started by myself.I certainly did not derail the topic.I know gaffs are legal in Victoria.Just because something is legal does not make it right.I was accused of being a troll which im not.I have fished for 40 years on a regular basis and continue to see more gaffs in boats in the fresh generally the hook em n cook em tough guy types that think its cool.They clearly aren’t needed and are obviously not allowed when fishing the Cod famous Murray River.
I will not post again on this topic and will leave with this comparison.

It is legal in Australia for a homeless,jobless,drug addicted couple with no money and no future to bring children into this world.So just because its legal is that Ok?

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Who cares mate, if gaffs aren't needed and only carried by these macho can't catch **** types as you say...then they won't be used will they? I'd be more concerned by boats carrying gill nets than a fing gaff.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:08 pm

feralhunter wrote:Now lets not dance about the original post was started by myself.................
I won't dance either! I thought it was rather ordinary that Wolly posted incorrect information that wasn't relevant to the thread! I am happy for this thread to be locked!
cheers
Jim

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”