‘The one that got away’

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
MickCov
Has liked: 13 times

‘The one that got away’

Post by MickCov » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Optimisticly headed off this morning up to the Goulburn river in Yea to try to break the duck...4 fishless trips and counting.
My mate and I go to this same spot a couple of times a year usually with the result being at least a couple of reddies, and the occasional cod.
We each had a couple of rods in the water and about a hour in my rod buckles over and is being dragged in the water.I managed to grab it but by this stage it had either snagged me or with just brute strength straightened the hook.Cod or carp I’m not sure,but it wasn’t your standard lb Redfin.I also had forgotten to loosen the drag which cost me any chance of prying the Goliath from his snaggy lair.
All in all it was a great morning by the river,and with yet another story of ‘the one that got away’.
Tight lines everyone :wt:

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Re: ‘The one that got away’

Post by Charles7 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Unlucky mate, I recently had a streak of 9 fishless trips and also had my rod pulled into the water, except I didn't react fast enough and it's now somewhere on the bottom of the Yarra. Good luck and tight lines.

MickCov
Has liked: 13 times

Re: ‘The one that got away’

Post by MickCov » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Ouch,that hurts mate.Double whammy with the rod and fish.I might upsize my gear next time I’m up there and have a dedicated cod setup.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”