ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Any one up Mansfield Way

Post by ducky » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:39 am

Kimtown wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:17 pm
ducky wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:00 pm
Always sleep with the rifle in the swag on a remote trip lol. Never know what random **** can happen at night. I’m more worried about wild dogs than old mate button man though. Although crater face up at the snowy is another story.
I had an incident one night at lake tyres when I was camping on a bank by myself and heard huge multiple footsteps running down to me in the middle of the night. It was a nice night so I had the swag completely open... couldn’t zip it up quick enough after I heard them footsteps. I put it down to a pack of wild dogs but in reality probably just a couple of deer... wasn’t peeping my head out to find out but lol
Another reason for the rifle. If it was a deer and it was shot in the dark you just wait until sunrise for the pic...

I joke. But there’s some units out there. We were hunting rabbits on a property in toolangi. The paddock we were in was spotlighted 3 times in 2 hours... we decided to gtfo of the middle of the paddock..

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:40 am

Charles7 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:29 pm
ducky wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 am
Haha agreed.

Nothing fancy. One of the boys was on a bass trip. Or maybe hunting to a relatively remote part of the snowy and came across a fairly scary looking bloke who was somewhere that no one should really be without a reason. Think he had a few pockmarks etc. anyway one thing led to another and crater face was coined. Became a semi urban legend among some mates. I hear he wears his victims face skin in an effort to hide the pock marks.

Hear a few creepy stories out there. A mate was fishing the broddy in a yak and had someone track him down the river then he respotted the guy intently watching him from a bridge overpass.
My mate works for the Yarra Ranges Shire and says there are some absolute units out in the bush who just want nothing to do with anyone else and can be quite hostile and weird when disturbed. They often have to go out and investigate illegal bush camps in the mountains. One story goes that two shire officers went out to a camp to find two empty, freshly dug graves. Said hermit smacks one of them in the head and tries to throw him in the hole. He knew they were coming after a previous visit. I can only imagine how creepy that crap can be in a place much further from the city like the Snowy.
That’s creepy af. Some big country out there though. Been a few murderers who are great bushmen disappear in the scrub for years at a time.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:03 am

ducky wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 am
Haha agreed.

Nothing fancy. One of the boys was on a bass trip. Or maybe hunting to a relatively remote part of the snowy and came across a fairly scary looking bloke who was somewhere that no one should really be without a reason. Think he had a few pockmarks etc. anyway one thing led to another and crater face was coined. Became a semi urban legend among some mates. I hear he wears his victims face skin in an effort to hide the pock marks.

Hear a few creepy stories out there. A mate was fishing the broddy in a yak and had someone track him down the river then he respotted the guy intently watching him from a bridge overpass.
I've passed what looked like a shabby bloke walking through the scrub going down to Jackson's crossing. I full shat dacks by the time I got to the river and turned around without stopping. Didn't see him on the return trip out. There's been a few times I've had roos come barreling out in the pitch black darkness as if they've been spooked by something with no sign of dogs around at the time and another time near basin creek just had that feeling of being stalked by something other than the dogs. The dogs are usually pretty ballsy out there I've found and always made themselves either seen or heard, and they're pretty big dogs which makes getting up to take a **** a very quick affair....

There's a reason why I slept in the car doing solo trips around the Snowy and Broddy....

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:08 am

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:22 pm

There was a documentary, a while back, about a bloke in central Australia
Think he lived around a place called Wolf Creek

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Texas wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:22 pm
There was a documentary, a while back, about a bloke in central Australia
Think he lived around a place called Wolf Creek
Think I recall this Doco former Playschool & Better Homes and Gardens host John Jarrat goes bat **** crazy and kills a bunch of backpackers.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:09 am

Just thought, panther roaming the high country
No trace of victims
Look up in the trees for bodies or is that a leopard ??
It has a den in a cave, you'll never be found
I won't sleep tonight, scaring myself
Gra

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:16 am

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:42 pm

Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:47 am

Link not found

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”