Any one up Mansfield Way

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Any one up Mansfield Way

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:44 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 54v4p.html

Fascinating story Deer hunters may have been in contact makes me a but wary of fishing for trout solo...
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Re: Any one up Mansfield Way

Post by Charles7 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:30 pm

I don't live up that way but I read a similar story written by Andrew Rule for the Herald Sun maybe a month back that covered pretty much everything described here by The Age. Fascinating and more than slightly spooky....

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:54 pm

That article reminded me of Niels Becker, I was up camping in the highcountry when he went missing. I wouldn't have been far from his last known location. We were told to keep a look out for him, I forgot about him once I got home but to think he still hasn't been found is alarming.
Knowing there was a bloody stealthy bush hermit lurking around out there I don't think I would have slept much on that trip. Yeesh.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:03 am

croe04 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:54 pm
That article reminded me of Niels Becker, I was up camping in the highcountry when he went missing. I wouldn't have been far from his last known location. We were told to keep a look out for him, I forgot about him once I got home but to think he still hasn't been found is alarming.
Knowing there was a bloody stealthy bush hermit lurking around out there I don't think I would have slept much on that trip. Yeesh.
Buttons

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:53 am

Charles7 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:30 pm
I don't live up that way but I read a similar story written by Andrew Rule for the Herald Sun maybe a month back that covered pretty much everything described here by The Age. Fascinating and more than slightly spooky....

The Age article was published about the same time.
It’s interesting would make you think twice about going up there solo.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am

Haven’t read the article but been given the tl;dr by a few people.. my friend has came into contact with him up dargo or Aberfeldy way somewhere, says the stories are all bull and he’s just a friendly nomadic man who just loves being secluded in the bush. Stories of him stalking people and watching them is a load of rubbish apparently

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am
Haven’t read the article but been given the tl;dr by a few people.. my friend has came into contact with him up dargo or Aberfeldy way somewhere, says the stories are all bull and he’s just a friendly nomadic man who just loves being secluded in the bush. Stories of him stalking people and watching them is a load of rubbish apparently
Fear mongering click bait by the media. Mansfield paper has an article on it - it's behind a pay wall but title seems to indicate its a boogeyman story https://mansfieldcourier.com.au/2020/06 ... -by-media/

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:23 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 am
Kimtown wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:38 am
Fear mongering click bait by the media. Mansfield paper has an article on it - it's behind a pay wall but title seems to indicate its a boogeyman story https://mansfieldcourier.com.au/2020/06 ... -by-media/
Typical...

You live up that way yeah? Any meetings, sightings or personal experiences with the individual?

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:24 pm

I knew a guy who's mechanics dog walkers nanny had a son that once dated a chick who's auntie married the guy who walked past a guy who's brother once read the Herald Sun.

I dont' do paywalls but i'll take a stab and say amazingly in a world where everyone carries around a camera 24.7 nobody has a photo.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:00 pm

DougieK wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:24 pm
I knew a guy who's mechanics dog walkers nanny had a son that once dated a chick who's auntie married the guy who walked past a guy who's brother once read the Herald Sun.

I dont' do paywalls but i'll take a stab and say amazingly in a world where everyone carries around a camera 24.7 nobody has a photo.
Yeah I tried to google images button man and nothing lol.

Find it hard that no one knows his name either

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”