Plenty River Report

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
bigwatkins

Re: Plenty River Report

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:24 pm

hey all, i grew up in diamond creek and have never thought to fish the plenty river, a few of my mates have bought houses in doreen and mernda and have been fishing it and say they have never left without catching at least one carp some even caught on mcdonalds chips as bait, i was just wondering where about everyone is going as i know my mates are driving there 4x4 to get to their spot (that the mongrels havent shown me yet) was just wondering if this is the case for everyone??

Mickc

Post by Mickc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:42 pm

I have been near where it crosses bridge inn rd. what's everyone using for bait and what rigs.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:39 am

30 years ago I used to fish the Plenty river through Appollo Parkways, from the bridge on plenty river drive north.
Spinners and worms were the go for redfin and eels, although dough under a float used to reap heaps of raoch, great fun as a kid.
never got up as far as mernda. my sister in law lives there now right across from the river and I keep eyeing it off, just haven't gotton round to giving it a crack yet.
At this time of the year I get a little worried about the snakes that seem to inhabit that area.

Lorenzopace06

Post by Lorenzopace06 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 am

Hey there guys, would be keen to wet a line in the plenty river but don't know where to head, could anyone point me to the roads or carparks to head too so I could give it a crack??? Bonanza sounds like you have the spot but could you share it with us plz

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Just spent almost 2 hours trying to find a place to start from in the Plenty Gorge.I live in Whittlesea, am retired and looking for some where to get a "fish Fix" when the itch becomes unbearable. A little time back Boonanza talked with some enthusiasm about the Gorge but I've been down Bridge Rd, Gorge Rd,Hawkstowe, Shotters Rd and others and nowhere looked clear enough to walk in. I don't expect anyone to tell me their secret spots, I will do my own exploration, but please can some one just give me a starting point.
If you would prefer not to broadcast, could we PM?
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Blue wrote:Just spent almost 2 hours trying to find a place to start from in the Plenty Gorge.I live in Whittlesea, am retired and looking for some where to get a "fish Fix" when the itch becomes unbearable. A little time back Boonanza talked with some enthusiasm about the Gorge but I've been down Bridge Rd, Gorge Rd,Hawkstowe, Shotters Rd and others and nowhere looked clear enough to walk in. I don't expect anyone to tell me their secret spots, I will do my own exploration, but please can some one just give me a starting point.
If you would prefer not to broadcast, could we PM?
G'day Blue I fished down near Carome Homestead. The water is fantastic around there and if you want I am free sunday and could show around there if you want mate. :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

mox2012

Post by mox2012 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Yeah it is a good spot just don't ruin it for others and leave your rubbish lying around so sick of people trashing good fishing spots thanks

Blue

Post by Blue » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Thanks Steve, I'd like to do that Sunday, morning if possible, as my wife in hospital and need to visit.
I'm on if you like to call to arrange or give me a number to ring.
Last edited by Blue on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Blue

Post by Blue » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 pm

to mox2012, never been a problem with me mate,it just doesn't happen, I'm old school.
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:37 pm

It might pay to take your number off your post Blue there can be trolls around. I will send you a PM and we will organise something for sunday morning mate :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”