Plenty River Report

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Plenty River Report

Post by Boonanza » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

G'day fellas after looking on google I decided to take the kids for a drive down to a spot close to home near Mernda and have a closer look at the Plenty river. Well all I can say is WOW :Boxing: what we found was a part of the river with waterfalls, deep slow moving pools with backwaters and just incredible looking scenary :thumbsup:
We only had a couple of hours to fish but we sure had a ball landing 19 carp all between 1-1/2 pound & about 4 pound also 1 small reddie and 3 eels. It was great to find a place close to home where the kids can learn a bit more about fishing and also cull a few carp :thumbsup:
The water was pretty dirty due to the recent rains but I am confident that once the water clears a bit more and is better for flicking lures that we can land some quality redfin and also a Trout. Yep thats right a trout out of the Plenty river :r
I didn't take the camera today but I'm hoping to go tomorrow and give it another go and will take some pics.

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: Plenty River Report

Post by fishingvic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Excellent report Boonanza :thumbsup:

I was just imagining what the scenery looked like. It would be awesome to see some photos if you get a chance?

Well done on the fishing and great description. :toothy9:
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Beno

Post by Beno » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Great report mate, good to hear you and the kids are onto the mudsuckers ridding these pests of our waterways.
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AJ1953

Post by AJ1953 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:24 pm

A very good report. I would like it if you could put up some pictures, as I would like to go there for an outing with family from Victoria, next time I am over that way from South Aust. Thanks and all the best from SA.

AJ1953

Post by AJ1953 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi Folks, Just letting you know that there are folks still looking forward to seeing any pictures of this spot. All the best

AJ1953

Post by AJ1953 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi. I will be over in 2 months time and I am hope that someone could put up some pictures soon. All the best from SA.

shulgin

Post by shulgin » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 am

Anyone know of a good spot along the Plenty river ? thinking of taking a trip sometime, had no idea there was anything but rubbish in there lol

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 am

I grew up fishing the Plenty River where it flows through Appollo Parkways.
Particulary near the bridge coming off Plenty River Drive.
Although it was 20-25 years ago now, we always had good catches of Roach, Redfin and Eels, back then we never even saw a carp.
Always wanted to fish the river a little more to the north. My sister-in-law just moved int Mernda overlooking the Plenty River, sounds like it may be worth packing the rod on our next visit and giving it a go.
Any tips on where throug Mernda is best to drop a line?

Mickc

Post by Mickc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Anyone still fish the plenty around mernda. Been giving it ago a few times the last 2 weeks with no success. Just want to smash some carp with my daughter after work

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Mickc wrote:Anyone still fish the plenty around mernda. Been giving it ago a few times the last 2 weeks with no success. Just want to smash some carp with my daughter after work

G'day Mick,

Let me know if you want to have a fish down there I can show you some good spots. I am in Mernda as well mate. :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”