Bait-lights

Bugatti

Bait-lights

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 25, 2019 2:37 am

Just wondering what everyone uses for a Bait-light either Land-based or by Boat.

I have made a "low-light" LED Bait-light that clips onto the Bait-board that has a flexible arm so as to position it so as not to shine light in the water. I have something similar on the Bugatti Jetty Kart. I go to Jaycar Electronics and for a couple of bucks get all the components :-D

This is my Brother in-law's that has gone Ka-putt and apparently when I made it for him, it comes with a life long replacement policy :( All sweet, the new one is going to be new & improved

Bait Light.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti

Bugatti

Re: Bait-lights

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 25, 2019 2:43 am

Just a trick

If you have a Bait-light that has gone Ka-putt , , , , or concerned with a torch shining inadvertently into the water when baiting up. A good trick is place the torch under the bait-board pointing upwards to the bait-board. The light is away from the water, it doesn't shine in your eyes and the illuminated Bait-board (from underneath) is enough to see what you are doing.

In this photo, the flash has gone off, so the torch doesn't shine all that is seen in the photo but perfect for baiting up, re-rigging etc

Bait Light trick.PNG

Cheers, The Bug

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 25, 2019 6:26 pm

A bit of a tinkering afternoon , , , , and presto , , , , a new Bait Light for the Brother in-law

Bait Light 1.PNG
Bait Light 1.PNG (260.03 KiB) Viewed 1426 times

Bait Light 2.PNG
Bait Light 2.PNG (257.27 KiB) Viewed 1426 times

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:43 am
Just a trick

If you have a Bait-light that has gone Ka-putt , , , , or concerned with a torch shining inadvertently into the water when baiting up. A good trick is place the torch under the bait-board pointing upwards to the bait-board. The light is away from the water, it doesn't shine in your eyes and the illuminated Bait-board (from underneath) is enough to see what you are doing.

In this photo, the flash has gone off, so the torch doesn't shine all that is seen in the photo but perfect for baiting up, re-rigging etc

Bait Light trick.PNG

Cheers, The Bug
That’s a great little trick mate.
I like the idea! :thumbsup:

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”