bowl wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:20 am
Robbie1950 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:46 am
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:39 am
Knotsure wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:57 am
Do they ever really leave? I see blokes like reedys rigs and the like catching massive ones all year round
Don't mention "Reedys Rigs" on here, there will be an uproar! (great rigs though)

Just saw this hahaha.. Whats been all the previous commotion with this guy? He makes it look so damn easy on his vids.
He vids were a infomercial
He danced a fine line between genuine fishing reports and flogging his gear....not as blatant as others have done, but got crucified just the same.
If you like flasher rigs & you're too lazy to tie your own, these rigs are pretty good quality compared to most (the colours don't fade and the hooks stay sharper for longer).
*I have no affiliation with this gentleman and his products
Yeah ok Matt Reed

Bugatti

Re: Early Season Snapper 2019

Post by Bugatti » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:56 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:51 pm
.... Gotta love listening to boaties whining about how hard it is...

Come with me land-based and experience real dissapointment and despair. :rofl:

#freebugatti. :banana:

Yeah I agree Mr Ranger

Mate Don and I do it tough when Land-based Snapper fishing , , , , real tough

12.jpg
12.jpg (20.29 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

What, oh man , , , , no thermostat on the heater. Now it's toooo hot

9.jpg
9.jpg (15.04 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

What do you mean you only have normal Mustard , , , , I said American Mustard

11.jpg
11.jpg (14.25 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

The thing I actually love about Land-based Reds is that sense of satisfaction and achievement , , , , and the frozen nose , , , , nope back to the heater :-D

Don showing off his Snapper and enjoying the attention

g6.jpg
g6.jpg (16.64 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

Yep, one Long Spotted Snapper , , , , hey, they are tourists , , , , we say it's a Snapper :-D

g9.jpg
g9.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 1710 times

Cheers, Bugz

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:03 pm

Ah Mr bug you just reminded me of what a great setup you have!!!
If only me and my mate had a setup like that on many of the very cold nights we have had in the past!
That’s just fantastic mate. Love it :P
Cheers :thumbsup:

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:18 am
Anyone have any predictions on this years snapper season? (anyone willing to take a guess when & where they'll show up in numbers 1st?)
Frankston and mout Marta or the mouth of ppd.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:57 pm
StarrangerAU wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:51 pm
.... Gotta love listening to boaties whining about how hard it is...

Come with me land-based and experience real dissapointment and despair. :rofl:

#freebugatti. :banana:
If you know where to go you can catch some real thumpers landbased mate.
Last year I was fishing with my mate until around midnight and had to leave and had a very strong feeling he would land a beauty after I leave.
At 4 am got a text with a photo of a 90cm big red. Was caught locally. About a 20 minute drive from where we live :)
Lightningx wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:03 pm
Ah Mr bug you just reminded me of what a great setup you have!!!
If only me and my mate had a setup like that on many of the very cold nights we have had in the past!
That’s just fantastic mate. Love it :P
Cheers :thumbsup:

The setup is nice and it is really more us just going over the top, like noobs BUT

BUT , , , , it does make the wait comfortable and a bit like your mate who stayed, it allows you to put in the time instead of calling it a night.

Mind you, it helps Don and other's (some regulars we hang with) as they are the ones who pick up the trophy fish and I'm the Barista making the coffees. Mind you a Stonka Gummie came my way one night.

Cheers, Bugalatte (it was that or Bugaccino , , , ,)

ooow , , , , ooow

Bugspresso , , , , yeah, let's go with that

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:04 am
Mattblack wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:54 am
bowl wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:39 am

Don't mention "Reedys Rigs" on here, there will be an uproar! (great rigs though)

Just saw this hahaha.. Whats been all the previous commotion with this guy? He makes it look so damn easy on his vids.
He danced a fine line between genuine fishing reports and flogging his gear....not as blatant as others have done, but got crucified just the same.
If you like flasher rigs & you're too lazy to tie your own, these rigs are pretty good quality compared to most (the colours don't fade and the hooks stay sharper for longer).
Yeah ok Matt Reed
Anglers tie their own rigs. Danglers buy pre-made and clip them on.

As usual, WP will fire before PPB, due to their migration path. Shallower areas will be warmer and will fish better first up. Deeper areas may hold fish, but they will be shut down and not feeding. Chase the warmer water. Fresh as fresh bait, tide changes, and first and last light, will be the typical key influences. Same same as previous seasons...

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:22 pm

As usual, WP will fire before PPB, due to their migration path. Shallower areas will be warmer and will fish better first up. Deeper areas may hold fish, but they will be shut down and not feeding. Chase the warmer water. Fresh as fresh bait, tide changes, and first and last light, will be the typical key influences. Same same as previous seasons...
Red, Ditto on the tying of the rigs

Obviously a generic knowledge of Snapper and Snapper Fishing, ie, rigs, gear, bait, berley etc is a good starting point for targeting Snapper anywhere.

BUT

Your rundown on WP & PPB is a great starting point for anyone who hasn't fished there or has had limited success to have a crack. Include, a bit of research, a bit of scouting, a bit of nous and the best thing of "getting out and having a try/a go" and learn, is what Fishermen do , , , , and they shall conquer.

I'm from SA but with your WP & PPB basics, I wold give it a go , , , , confidently.

Cheers, Bug

(ps. do you think anyone got the message to be a Fisherman , , , , because Dangler's like ready made rigs , , , , and also handout GPS marks)

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:04 am
Mattblack wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:54 am
bowl wrote:
Robbie1950 wrote:

Yeah ok Matt Reed

do you or anyone here prefer a method of checking/finding where the warmer water is, apart from the obvious shallow water areas and driving around the bay and checking the sounder, which again is only surface temp. besides also just knowing from years of experience fishing the ports?
There has been a mention of two different schools of fish that are caught in victoria, one that follows the EAC, and the other that comes from the Great Australian Bight. so how does both of them only have one migratory pattern to enter the bay via WPB first?

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:31 am

Weather here in SA is quite bad like in Victoria.

But there seems to be a break in the weather on Monday & Tuesday. Allowing the water to settle from dirty on Monday to a nice Snapper murky on Tuesday. Tuesday here might be worth a go.

Checked Willyweather for West Beach here in SA and it shows solid fish arches on Tuesday :-D

WillyWeather.PNG

Only if it was that simple

Cheers, Bug

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:36 am

That’s a start Bug. Hopefully will get a chance to fish in the next few weeks like Redhunter was saying about warmer patches there’s places you can look on a good day where Big red will be feeding. As the bay gradually increases in temp the bite improves

Return to “Snapper Fishing”