2019 Reports Competition

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: 2019 Reports Competition

Post by Redhunter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:30 pm

Some incentive for members of the forum to produce quality posts is a great idea Dougie!!!
There's been far too much useless bull on here of late causing many good anglers to drop off, and things need to turn around if this forum is to survive. Good on ya mate for having the drive to do what Ol' mate doesn't do...hats off to ya pal.

My biggest issue with posting reports on here, is that the forum is open to every Tom, **** and Harry, to screen without actually having to be a member of the forum. Some websites actually have links straight to the reports section of this very forum. There are only a select few reports I'd actually post in the general open part of the forum. My last decent report was posted in the "Premium Members" section as I specifically only wanted a select audience to view the information. Some tricks-of-the-trade are learnt through hard work, and some buggers (like me) don't necessarily want to give that info away willy nilly. At the very least, I strongly feel that the fishing report section of the forum should be moved to the premo section...if not the whole forum. Jon??

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:30 pm
Some incentive for members of the forum to produce quality posts is a great idea Dougie!!!
There's been far too much useless bull on here of late causing many good anglers to drop off, and things need to turn around if this forum is to survive. Good on ya mate for having the drive to do what Ol' mate doesn't do...hats off to ya pal.

My biggest issue with posting reports on here, is that the forum is open to every Tom, **** and Harry, to screen without actually having to be a member of the forum. Some websites actually have links straight to the reports section of this very forum. There are only a select few reports I'd actually post in the general open part of the forum. My last decent report was posted in the "Premium Members" section as I specifically only wanted a select audience to view the information. Some tricks-of-the-trade are learnt through hard work, and some buggers (like me) don't necessarily want to give that info away willy nilly. At the very least, I strongly feel that the fishing report section of the forum should be moved to the premo section...if not the whole forum. Jon??
Is this forum also against blokes names Richard? Soft as friggen butter you lot! Grow a set.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Redhunter wrote:

You can't charge people for a service that's been free for years. That's a no 1 way to make sure we get zero traffic at all. I'm probably the cagiest guy who reports frequently on here, there is a really good guide to posting reports without giving away too much information here

https://www.bustedfishing.com/landbased ... ports.html
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:16 am

Don’t know where you fish Redhunter but the reports here give nothing away when it comes to fishing WesternPort or Bass Strait compared to other online publications and social media platforms.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:19 am

I'm off fishing until sunday night. I'll update the post and write a report when I get back. My phone does strange things when i try to log into fishvic for some reason.

If a mod wants to add all the prizes people offer to the original post that'll be great, if not i'll do it when I get back.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:18 am

What's happened to Adrians reports normally there's more by now?

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:18 am

Redhunter wrote:

Could not possibly agree more

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:25 am

Great initiative and thought dougieK - good on you mate. The intent is fantastic, i wont be able to submit many based on the limited times i have to fish, nor have the means to provide good quality photos - but will endeavour to make up for that with the quality of write up based on the guidelines you have put down and the great examples of prior reports put up by yourself, truedogz, broomstick and others.Cheers, Chris

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Bump this thread.
Went for scenic trip to Princess pier and a little fish with lily practising casting inbetween pylons.
Was a ripper day
FB_IMG_1569393913122.jpg
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Get onto any pinkies around there today bowl?

Return to “General”