How do you have your Coffee?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

How do you have your Coffee?

Post by Bugatti » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:48 pm

blacklab99 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:33 pm
My biggest concern, and indeed surprise on this topic is,

BUGS, please don't tell me you still drink instant coffee ?? who still does that !!.
It's time for you to enter the 21 century, get yourself down to Aldi, ask the wonderful staff to sort you out with one of those pod machines, immediately.
Prey tell man, as if Corona virus wasn't bad enough, then to hear someone still drinks instant coffee !!!!

A collection can be started, if so needed Bugs, But please tell me you'll look into it, put my mind at rest ???

Col

:-D

With all the bugs going around , , , , I mean , , , , virus :-D , , , , a light hearted thread would be nice.

Share with us your coffee story

coffee.JPG

What kind of coffee do you have?
How do you have yours?
What brand?
Who makes the best coffee?

Cheers, Bugs

Bugatti

Re: How do you have your Coffee?

Post by Bugatti » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:01 pm

I have , , , ,

oups , , , , blacklab99 , don't read on unless you have a defibrillator handy AND a qualified person to operate it

defib.JPG

I have my coffee Black with none (which contravenes the Tradie "White with two")
and the brand is International Roast :o_0:

IR.JPG

I do enjoy the occasional Tea (which is more frequent than occasional :-D and I am a "Dunker" :-D ) and that Tea is Black with none.

And sometimes after a heavy night, or just mellowing late , , , , I do enjoy a peppermint Tea with a blop of Honey :-D

Cheers, Bugs

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Very happy with instant coffee. Nescafé blend 43 is my preference but I’m a bit partial to International Roast. I don’t let this information get out usually because people treat you differently if you drink instant coffee, so I choose to stay in the closet.
2 sugars with a pinch of milk.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:26 pm

The same way I have my women. Weak and white.

Instant coffee is pus. Unfortunately I’ve turned into a proper coffee wanker over the last few years. Had the fortune of having a proper machine at work for 5 years which was given a workout. Now at my new job that has instant only I’ve found myself taking an aeropress to get that proper coffee hit.

Nothing fancy. Strong skinny capp or latte, no sugar. 2 or so a day if ordering from a cafe. Full cream milk if drinking at home or work Cos we don’t get skinny.

At home. Grinders crema beans.

But best coffee is Boma coffee in yarraville. So good. Just shattered I don’t work nearby anymore.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:59 pm

I'm with you Duck, Have a machine at home, have my local jaunt, which has the best coffee in town. I generally get my second heart starter by 10.30 in the morning, large, double shot, with 1/2 a sugar.........mmmmm

Bugs, There's nothing like slapping the word "international" on a tin of floor sweepings.....

Both of you now have taken the first major step,"publically confessing",,, The next step is "accepting your issue" and finally "doing something about it". We can guide you thru your new venture, I'm sure that the Duck will also offer up the support you both need, to push thru that "instant" barrier and start to live.

You both no longer need to hide in the closet, We are here to help.
:tu:

Col

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm

Great topic to discuss while we're at home Mr Bug.
Melb metro area are spoilt with great coffee roasters everywhere. For coffee lovers, they can tell the diff.

From a cafe, I always order soy cappuccino 1/2 sugar. And has to be Bonsoy. I'm lactose intolerant and bonsoy is the best soy milk of all.

At home, I mix up a bit of everything. Instant is a moccona classic 8. Then I have a plunger for an old school black coffee. I also have Vietnamese drip tray.
Sometimes I make froth the soy milk using a plunger.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 pm

After getting a job at a place that has a handful of proper machines around site (both a blessing and a curse) I ended up buying one myself. One of the best purchases my wife and I have made, we were buying at least a coffee each per day ($5 each - $10 per day -$70 per week). We broken even on the cost of the coffee machine and grinder within the first year, and now it’s saving us money as I get disappointed if I pay for a crap coffee, so tend to make a traveller or wait until I get home.
The coffee I make changes depending on what I’m doing, if going out fishing it’s a thermos of double black coffee with one sugar. Around home is a latte with one sugar.
We get our beans from CottleOnCoventry near the sth melb market

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:44 pm

I got into coffee in high school to give me energy, parents were coffee snobs with a proper machine and grinder which inevitably turned me into one. I'll drink coffee bags when camping though just out of necessity.
Don't have a regular cafe because of how expensive they are but my local ones are usually make a decent brew if i'm out.
Usually I have a strong flat white with no sugar, but if i'm in a rush i'll chuck some black coffee with a smidge of sugar in a thermos and be on my way.
i've currently got the DC brewing b-side beans which are nice.
Last edited by croe04 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:51 pm

wooh wooh guys, lets not inundate the Bugs with to much information at the start of his new "journey", little steps. :tu:

Taste is his first step. Imagine, for instance , being on a diet of gravy beef and cabbage for 2 years, the move from instant, to a gourmet beans will be life changing. Lets not tell him that some venture towards additives like Soy, Armond milk and god knows what else, We may loose him at the onset. :-D

The options are huge Bug's, the doors it will open for you, ranked second only to, advantages of an ugly divorce,,,, but I digress.......

Bug's, be positive, next time your shops bound, don't walk past that Cafe, support local, get ya self in there and shout yourself a small Latte,, you'll be investing in a machine for home within the month....
:tu:

Col

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:01 pm

At home only the best will do - blend 43 x 2 scoops, sugar and dash of milk
If I'm out I order strong flat white & 2
A "greenie" cafe in Mirboo North is the only place to give me what I wanted
It was so good that, if I'm in the area I'll get a coffee off them
I am not someone who buys coffee normally
Cheers Gra