Might Clarify a few things.

The Fishing Victoria Forum is Australia's leading online fishing forum with comprehensive resources for Victorian fishermen, anglers and fishos. Check out the latest fishing & tackle news, tips, fishing reports and detailed fish information.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Might Clarify a few things.

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 pm

yes mate, i agree that theres so many different ways to skin a cat in victoria atm thats everyones an expert in making pussy cakes.
but its a lot easier to point fingers!
lets hope we have some credible and 100% facts from the vic government soon in regards to fishing atleast.

cheers

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:56 pm

I'm not holding my breath in that regard

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm

cobby wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:15 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:14 pm
cobby wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:03 pm
ducky wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 am
I take it you feel a little strongly about it cob. Haha
I've never been one to give a real care for politics or pollies, but it's got me absolutely ****** what anyone sees in this government, from Andrews, Pallas or the ever bumbling Neville it goes on and on and on and on and on all the ineptitude we have to put up with. Worst thing is, the other side are non existent and likely as bad/worse
Not wanting to start another war here, and no disrespect to the government or you cobby. but!!!
I highly doubt you would do any better if you were in his shoes atm either mate.
Easy for us to just blame someone else for the problems.
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t!! people will still point fingers!
Ill just be happy when this is all over and done with tbh.
Come on Steve, a new born orangutan would be clearer and more concise on any directives relating to this fiasco with zero ambiguity than these bumbling idiots. But my hatred of these idiots stems right back to the very moment the dumbo eared wanker said his very first words as elected premier years ago.

As I said, how is it other states can fairly quickly and very simply state yes/No to what is lawful activities and yet we have nothing but crickets from government, threats of very large fines from the revenue raising sentinels, and a state chief health officer (Who is supposedly the be all and end all of expertise on what is supposed to occur to stop the spread of the virus equivalent of the third reich) completely at odds saying yes you can go fishing?

NSW is just as bad, Tuesday fishing was ok, this morning according to NSW police fishing was illegal. Then the NSW government confirmed in the afternoon that fishing is legal....

As per the VIC legislation you can leave your home to obtain food. Fishing is a legitamate way to obtain food so all good.

The only grey area is using a boat to go fishing.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:10 pm

This seems pretty clear to me only go out if necessary :tu:

WHAT ARE STAGE THREE RESTRICTIONS?

Under these measures – and in line with the Prime Minister’s announcement last night – there will only be four reasons to leave your house, Mr Andrews said.

These are for:

• food and supplies

• exercise

• medical care

• work and education (if you cannot do so from home).

“Just so we’re clear: ‘getting some exercise’ means going for a walk round the block or a bike ride to stretch your legs and get some fresh air,” Mr Andrews wrote in a thread on Twitter.

“It means staying local – not driving for miles or being out all day.”

Gatherings of more than two people, except for members of your immediate household and for work and education, are also now off limits.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:14 pm

What a cracker of a day I can’t go fishing but I passed 6 knucklehead Lycra warriors in a bunch when I went to get my flu shot. The world has gone mad.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:10 pm
This seems pretty clear to me only go out if necessary :tu:

WHAT ARE STAGE THREE RESTRICTIONS?

Under these measures – and in line with the Prime Minister’s announcement last night – there will only be four reasons to leave your house, Mr Andrews said.

These are for:

• food and supplies

• exercise

• medical care

• work and education (if you cannot do so from home).

“Just so we’re clear: ‘getting some exercise’ means going for a walk round the block or a bike ride to stretch your legs and get some fresh air,” Mr Andrews wrote in a thread on Twitter.

“It means staying local – not driving for miles or being out all day.”

Gatherings of more than two people, except for members of your immediate household and for work and education, are also now off limits.
You need to read the legislation there are more like 20 legal reasons to leave your home.

Legal matters, weddings, funerals, parenting etc.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/defau ... ons%20.pdf

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:58 pm

frozenpod wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm

NSW is just as bad, Tuesday fishing was ok, this morning according to NSW police fishing was illegal. Then the NSW government confirmed in the afternoon that fishing is legal....

As per the VIC legislation you can leave your home to obtain food. Fishing is a legitamate way to obtain food so all good.

The only grey area is using a boat to go fishing.
That's a case of a police command getting a power stiffy thinking they're the creators of law and not just the enforcers. The fact remains that the NSW government were relatively quick to correct it. We are day what? 10 in a mist of ambiguity about almost every facet of what can and can't be done legally other than stay inside away from the third riechs ss death squad virus, or cram into a supermarket with who knows how many asymptomatic ss death squad carriers, with one saying yes xyz thing is perfectly fine, dumbo ******** saying no it's not, then abcd says wait it actually is but kind of isn't, and a police force quite evidently without a true clue openly very happy about becoming a large revenue resource, almost purposely by design...

It's easy to see how the tin foil fruitloops can seriously believe their conspiracies...

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Wait till the greenies have their say cobber. :-D

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:40 pm

There you go
Attachments
rps20200401_203803.jpg