Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 pm
That's actually not what he said, and you know it.
To be fair, he's suggesting to a bunch of idiots that it's probably effective to inject it.

When he suggested those deadly anti malarial drugs a bunch of people died so I'm eagerly anticipating a bunch of MAGA types ransacking their local pharmacy for IV bags so they can fill themselves with Detol.

Anyway, there's some preliminary studies looking at nicotine as a potential corona drug so I wouldn't be surprised if he's spruiking smoking a pack a day next week.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 pm

DougieK wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Was just saying maybe Australia should consider the same approach of keeping our own money in our country.
Which he ISN'T DOING.

There is a difference between "Australia should keep money in it's own country" and "Trump keeps money in America so Australia should do the same".
As I said I havent followed on what he has done since he said that's what he would be doing.

I would just like it if australia did indeed keep our money locally. Like manufacture locally and have more jobs here, keep big or possibly all businesses owned locally not by overseas investors that sort of thing...
I know it's easier said than done, moreso wishful thinking if you want to call it that

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:54 pm

I mean if something you said is causing businesses to release statements like this I think the only reasonable conclusion is that you screwed up pretty bad. An effective leader provides clear and concise communication, I'm not sure what that was but clear and concise it was not.

And just listening the the entire press conference it's pretty obvious he's got some sort of problem. I got more coherent conversations out of my grandma several years after her dementia was diagnosed.
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:01 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 pm
DougieK wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Was just saying maybe Australia should consider the same approach of keeping our own money in our country.
Which he ISN'T DOING.

There is a difference between "Australia should keep money in it's own country" and "Trump keeps money in America so Australia should do the same".
As I said I havent followed on what he has done since he said that's what he would be doing.

I would just like it if australia did indeed keep our money locally. Like manufacture locally and have more jobs here, keep big or possibly all businesses owned locally not by overseas investors that sort of thing...
I know it's easier said than done, moreso wishful thinking if you want to call it that
We'll probably see a lot more of this in the coming years. This has been a massive shock to a lot of importers and they've realised that diversifying their supply chains is really important, and Australian manufacturing will be part of that in some situations.

The downside is that some of our export industries might be affected by international customers doing the exact same thing.

The current government has a track record of not giving a flying fk about local manufacturing, or jobs in general. Just look at Ford and Holden.

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:40 pm
When he suggested those deadly anti malarial drugs a bunch of people died so I'm eagerly anticipating a bunch of MAGA types ransacking their local pharmacy for IV bags so they can fill themselves with Detol.
Those are exactly the drugs being trialled in Aus at the moment. They are not deadly if used properly and been around a long time.
Anyway, there's some preliminary studies looking at nicotine as a potential corona drug so I wouldn't be surprised if he's spruiking smoking a pack a day next week.
Yeah there must be a thousand of those at the moment, showing everything you can imagine that Covid-19 does and all sorts of recipes for treating it.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:14 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:40 pm
Those are exactly the drugs being trialled in Aus at the moment. They are not deadly if used properly and been around a long time.
Yeah there must be a thousand of those at the moment, showing everything you can imagine that Covid-19 does and all sorts of recipes for treating it.
The largest study to date of those anti malarial drugs shows they increase the mortality rate in corona patients. This is not surprising because it has been known for a long time that these drugs cause heart problems and coronavirus damages the heart as well.

However the biggest issue for mine is that he was out there promoting them, saying they were a game changer before any clinical trials had been completed. That is hugely irresponsible and I'm not sure how you can't see that.

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:27 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:14 pm
However the biggest issue for mine is that he was out there promoting them, saying they were a game changer before any clinical trials had been completed. That is hugely irresponsible and I'm not sure how you can't see that.
I don't think he was promoting them, he was talking them up as likely useful drugs for the treatment of infected patients. Unfortunately anyone suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome only hears "Trump said take these drugs now, inject some Dettol while you're at it too". :rf:

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:13 am

Perhaps he has being injecting himself with Dettol and that explains his behaviour

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 am

I have to turn him off when he comes on TV. Just makes me cringe. The words coming out just don't flow and don't seem to contain any logic.
As far as the covid 19 outbreak I think his logic is that just let it rip through the nation kill off the old and the sick and start off again with less people depending on welfare and hospitals etc.
A bit like a totalitarian regime.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:07 am

re-tyred wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:30 am
I have to turn him off when he comes on TV. Just makes me cringe. The words coming out just don't flow and don't seem to contain any logic.
As far as the covid 19 outbreak I think his logic is that just let it rip through the nation kill off the old and the sick and start off again with less people depending on welfare and hospitals etc.
A bit like a totalitarian regime.

Exactly.

Someone pointed out to me, to "read between his lines" with what he says AND see through his behaviour of deludely grasping at "quick fixes" and "everything is fine" attitude, that you would be able to see that Trump is more economy driven rather than the preservation of life.

Again, we do live in a lucky country :tu:

Regards, Bugs

Return to “General”