In case you havent heard yet

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: In case you havent heard yet

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:16 am

DougieK wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:58 am
Hey guys.

I'd like to offer a guided service to land based fishing at Gunnamatta.

Cast at the water. Reel it back in.

That'll be $400 each please.

Pick me up on the way and I'll have a long black no sugar.
Hahahaha I would pay that money to see shorty in stilettoes at gunners tearing carbon rods apart!!

Look at the end of the day if the bloke can pull it off and be good at it, then good for him. I mean ol mate Lincoln got away with it, so why not phil..

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 am

DougieK wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:58 am
Hey guys.

I'd like to offer a guided service to land based fishing at Gunnamatta.

Cast at the water. Reel it back in.

That'll be $400 each please.

Pick me up on the way and I'll have a long black no sugar.
I would like to make a booking please :-D

We might have to off-set the fee:

UBill driving services aren't cheap, so picking you up in the Bugatti is $100 , , , , per kilometre.

A long black (please be referencing a coffee :oops: ) through UBill-Eats isn't cheap either , , , , we only use the best coffee beans from Brazillia , , , , oh, did I mention the double , , , , yep, double insulated cups :)

On rough calculations , , , , that'll be $124, 070 , , , , and incase you want to down grade to single insulated cups , , , , I can vouch that the doubles are worth the extra $1,450

Cash or Card :-D
Last edited by Bugatti on Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:19 am

smile0784 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:35 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:29 am
rb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:24 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:13 am
Guys..
it is not a charter business, its a guided session on the clients own boat..
Theres a big difference i believe..

This has been in the works for phil for a while, and so has the business, its not something that just happened overnight.. im sure he knows what he is doing (except for the spelling mistakes ofcourse)

Anyways if you have half a brain, you will use this information wisely, hence why the post is here!!!!
Might give him a call pay for him to generously go fishing in my boat for squid/snapper. Thanks but no thanks is the wisest choice.
Theres a few on here that I can think of that would benefit from it.
Plenty to say on here, but nothing to show… :rofl:
Ive said enough already!!! :-D

You referring to me mate lol
I wouldnt say that about you mate haha.
I know you catch fish cause I've seen it many times..

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:44 am

Aren’t there a bunch of regulations around offering commercial services on a boat? Like, coxswain licence and that kind of ****?

Also I kind of worry that the sort of person who doesn’t check their spelling probably didn’t look to closely at insurance.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:51 am

4liters wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:44 am
Aren’t there a bunch of regulations around offering commercial services on a boat? Like, coxswain licence and that kind of ****?

Also I kind of worry that the sort of person who doesn’t check their spelling probably didn’t look to closely at insurance.
Yeah I think to run a charter and stuff like that you need the boat to be in survey. (Which I believe his boat is. I'm not 100%sure about it though) and a coxswains which I believe he also has due to the work he used to do..

But he is not using his vessel to do it. And it's not a charter.
I have a feeling not many have actually read the info on his website..
But then again I dont blame anyone for not doing so for obvious reasons...

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:25 am

4liters wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:44 am

Coxswains or masters are only needed if you're in control of the boat as a charter operator, same as having the boat in survey. Being a guide on a private boat where the owner is in control of the boat all you need is an ABN and a paying customer.

If people were smart enough to pay attention to what's going on around them the need for guided services would be so few and far between

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 am

CremeDeLaCreme wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:29 pm
The bloke seems like a bit of an entrepreneur...

I bet in the haste to set up his "Charters" he hasn't thought about the need for a Working with Children Check.

This is a criminal check for people who have regular and / or direct contact with children under the age of eighteen which may not be directly supervised by another person. The assessment is compulsory for employment in certain occupations in Victoria.

Website looks amateurish.
Its not a check for criminal its a check that docs havent said 'nah they cant be near kids' or 'nah they have had false alligations made about them' i know the blue card system myself since i had to get one for my aged care work (dont know why tho since it was aged care course not a normal respite place with mixed age of young and old).

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:45 am

If this start up gets acquired by google or apple, they will have the last laugh while you guys who are mocking them toil to avail of their services.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks purple
Some people need the service's that B2F offers & your post helps to find them .
Re Spelling :- My wife left school at 13 & is a sh♡t speller. If it wasn't for spell check, you wouldn't understand her.
A lot of B2F's mistakes are the wrong word. E.g. weather/whether, which/witch. I believe B2F can't spell.
Having knowledge is more important than being able to spell it
B2F is trying to run a business & should have someone "proof read" his article's
Just saying
Gra

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:49 pm

The blokes putting up genuine fishing marks weekly to help others and you guys are complaining about his spelling? I used his marks last week and literally caught 38 whiting in a mater of 5 hours between two of us. Not only this he even posts when the best time of the day is to go out.

Give the guy a break. :tongue:

Return to “General”