Corona Virus Part 3

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: Corona Virus Part 3

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:20 am

Nude up wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 am
Boonanza wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:26 pm

A few people in Tasmania made poor choices, one allegedly even lied to conceal activity. As a result , , , , An Outbreak , , , , 2 Hospitals Closed, 3 Aged Care Facilities in Lock-down AND more than a 1,000 people, as a result, are in quarantine AND up to 5,000 people are being chased up in tracing contacts.

So we don't need overseas travellers , , , , Australia is quite capable of spreading COVID-19 all on its own.

Regards, Bugatti

It's not the first time there has been an outbreak down in Tassie and probably not the last....

I went with my wife to the hospital a nurse blew her nose in a handkerchief then put it in her pocket she did not clean her hands my wife who has made me use hand sanitizers before we eat for years nearly had a heart attack. Sometimes some people who should know better get complacent.

I agree, it'll happen again and again , , , , and anywhere in Australia.

Also

Complacency is disappointing , , , , but the real dangerous one is , , , , "downright disregard"

Regards, Bugatti

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:42 am

piscateur wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:38 pm
What amazes me is, Trump Fans still defend him through all the undeniable evidence that he completely balls this up. It's now a blame game and poo is gonna get throw in every direction to distract voters.
Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug I guess.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 am

US health system has been shockingly bad for decades - and of course has a huge population. The US was never looking poised to handle this no matter who was in charge, its just a matter of magnitude - but of course we'll never know how well or badly its been handled there.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 am

It's really astonishing the level of collective sacrifice people were willing to make in WW2 to support the war effort compared with how petulant so many are today being asked to stay in their climate controlled homes with more entertainment options than Roman emperors could even dream of.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:26 am

4liters wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 am
It's really astonishing the level of collective sacrifice people were willing to make in WW2 to support the war effort compared with how petulant so many are today being asked to stay in their climate controlled homes with more entertainment options than Roman emperors could even dream of.

Petulant is a good way to describe it :tu:

And Ricky Gee feels the same.

Ricky Gee 1.JPG

Ricky Gee 2.JPG

Regards, Bill

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:47 am

4liters wrote:
The threat of invasion from a foreign army will probably have that effect on people.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Yep, no comparison to WW2 where many sacrificed their lives for freedom.....but now freedom is sacrificed in the name of safety, using the Chinese Communist response model....all cheered on by people that haven't lost a single job.

col1
Has liked: 9 times

Post by col1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:41 pm

4liters wrote:

So true I’m constantly astounded at way some people are carrying on about not being able to fish or play golf (Sam Newman) in hindsight it will be very easy to say see we could of gone fishing or played golf or whatever hobby an individual takes part in, but in the heat of the moment Dan Andrews had to make a call and I’m bloody happy he was maybe a little over cautious with these activities, better to be safe than sorry and as we’ve seen overseas there’s no point shut the barn door after the horse has bolted, and no I’m not generally a labour voter just grateful to live in a country where my main gripe’s are not being able to fish and watch the mighty hawks.
The glass is half full not half empty

Cheers

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:55 pm

My Two bits , adequately summarised in something i read on Reddit.
"Social distancing is a privilege. It means you live in a house large enough to practise it. Hand washing is a privilege too. It means you have access to running water. Hand sanitsers are a privilege . It means you have money to buy them. Lock-downs are a privilege. It means you can afford to be at home. Most of the ways to ward the Corona off are accessible only to the affluent. In essence, a disease that was spread by the rich as they flew around the globe will now kill millions of the poor. All of us who are practising social distancing and have imposed a lock-down on ourselves must appreciate how privileged we are. "

:tu:
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:55 pm
My Two bits , adequately summarised in something i read on Reddit.
"Social distancing is a privilege. It means you live in a house large enough to practise it. Hand washing is a privilege too. It means you have access to running water. Hand sanitsers are a privilege . It means you have money to buy them. Lock-downs are a privilege. It means you can afford to be at home. Most of the ways to ward the Corona off are accessible only to the affluent. In essence, a disease that was spread by the rich as they flew around the globe will now kill millions of the poor. All of us who are practising social distancing and have imposed a lock-down on ourselves must appreciate how privileged we are. "

:tu:

Smokey, very astute of you :tu:

And your comments are also true for the Spanish Flu (1918ish) and the Balck Plague (1350ish). In both cases the poor took the biggest hit.

Regards, Bugs

Return to “General”