Lesson Learned??

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Lesson Learned??

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:36 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:05 am
Hop about a solution such as.

Fishing is ok.
-You can only access waterways within your own council zone based off primary place of residence.
-Social distancing is required.
-You must fish solo or with members of your household.
-Increased fines for rule breakers fisheries/vic police to enforce

Rules would work for me.
You wanted the fishing ban to be lifted because of its inequitable nature but your first point regarding fishing "within your own council zone base off primary place of residence" have wiped out the majority of fishos - my neck of the wood has no rivers or oceans/beaches so how should i (and others in a similar geographic as me) feel about a minority okay to go and fish and the rest are not.
Thems the breaks. Your same argument can be used for currently allowed practices (impunity to visit your holiday house irrespective of what part of the state its in in relation to your principal place of residence, impunity to surf etc.)

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:07 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:43 pm
Tiges looked shaky at best.
Truth be known, I catch f**k all fish, I’ve got a vicious slice off the tee and Carlton have been s***house for 20 years. I need another hobby.
Think I've found a kindred spirit...I'm adding you as a friend

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:10 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm
VooDoo wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Fishing is ok.
-You can only access waterways within your own council zone based off primary place of residence.

Rules would work for me.
You wanted the fishing ban to be lifted because of its inequitable nature but your first point regarding fishing "within your own council zone base off primary place of residence" have wiped out the majority of fishos - my neck of the wood has no rivers or oceans/beaches so how should i (and others in a similar geographic as me) feel about a minority okay to go and fish and the rest are not.
Thems the breaks. Your same argument can be used for currently allowed practices (impunity to visit your holiday house irrespective of what part of the state its in in relation to your principal place of residence, impunity to surf etc.)
Wonder if you could launch from the ramp closest to your holiday house?

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:40 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm
VooDoo wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Fishing is ok.

Rules would work for me.
Cobby - we both are wrong and at the same time right, depending on which angle you look at it from.

No laws enacted was ever perfect, hence why the legal eagles are much better off with their financial rewards than most of us. All laws will get amended over time to reflect social consensus and acceptance over time and I would these state of emergency lockdown law will be no exception.

But until then, the law is the law - stay home and start that AFL scarf to kill time until the restrictions are relaxed - unless you can afford the fines they will dish out.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Truth be known, I catch f**k all fish, I’ve got a vicious slice off the tee and Carlton have been s***house for 20 years. I need another hobby.
Sounds just like me, except my football team finally came good. It wasnt easy being a kid growing up in the 80's if you were a Richmond supporter!
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:35 pm

I’m hearing ya Steve, my son loves Carlton but wonders why I made him barrack for them. Years of pain for him.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:39 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:24 pm
Troy McLure wrote:
Sounds just like me, except my football team finally came good. It wasnt easy being a kid growing up in the 80's if you were a Richmond supporter!
A kid in the 90s/early 00s wasn't easy either... Everyone jumped on the Essendon/Carlton bandwagon and the only joy we had was the 2 semis in 95 and 01. Meanwhile both of the other sides are winning flags either side of that. Throw in the 13 elimination final. Thank Christ for the last 3 years

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Hey Booney and Stevo, there,s been a lot of serious stuff talked about these past months but now it,s getting really, really serious. You,re crossing the line boys, bloody little laughing thingumebobs, three of em Booney! (Grumble, mumble, snort, snort) Geez, you,ve stabbed me in the heart mate, after all these years.
Talk about gettin personal, dunno where this forum is going allowing this sort of stuff.
Troy sounds like a good bloke and raising his son in the right way.
Gotta go, I,m getting too emotional.
Blue (Forever).
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:22 pm

The 2013 elimination final was a top day indeed. Watched it again the other day on Foxtel, never get tired of it. Went to it as well, do you think I could find a Richmond supporter in the Cricketers Arms after the game? Certainly couldn’t find my mates, they were on the train when the final siren went I reckon.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Blue wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:16 pm
Hey Booney and Stevo, there,s been a lot of serious stuff talked about these past months but now it,s getting really, really serious. You,re crossing the line boys, bloody little laughing thingumebobs, three of em Booney! (Grumble, mumble, snort, snort) Geez, you,ve stabbed me in the heart mate, after all these years.
Talk about gettin personal, dunno where this forum is going allowing this sort of stuff.
Troy sounds like a good bloke and raising his son in the right way.
Gotta go, I,m getting too emotional.
Blue (Forever).
Sorry Blue you know exactly how it is mate brag while your going well. :tu: It will turn around sooner or later and It dosen't matter how many times we beat the Blues you guys will always have the 2013 Elimination final to fall back on. We will always be remembered as the only team to lose a final to 9th :oo:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “General”