A message to Dan Andrews.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
greggo
Has liked: 5 times

A message to Dan Andrews.

Post by greggo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:46 pm

A mate has made this vid and sent it to Dan Andrews, hopefully it might amount to something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSkvZT1 ... wTxlUKTrhE

dazz999

Re: A message to Dan Andrews.

Post by dazz999 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Yes i understand the vid i love fishing it,s my stress relief and fresh seafood i fish landbased pier,s etc .So fishing from a kayak there is much more social distancing example when catching a fish take a pic or dispatch it to take home but most times on a pier when you catch a fish people come over to have a look .So if people on kayak can fish and joe blow on the pier cant joe blow,s going to complain so the goverment cant win in noway am i trying to start a argument so i think just shut us down for a little while is okay and everyday i look at the beaumaris web cam knowing that the miny marlin,s are there .I hope everone is keeping well

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Agreed with the video.
But asking for kayakers only is a bit selfish...
Understandable why he has chosen to do it.
But the boaties and landbased guys will kick up a stink.
Yet again, damned if you did, damned if you dont!!!
Best option is what's available now. No fishing for anyone!!!

Personally I think the kayakers can use the opportunity to scout out new ground.
If I were someone with a yak I'd be using my sounder very very wisely in this situation!!!!

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm

Dan standard response, no life is worth it, now let's move on....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:42 pm

bowl wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Yep. A ban on solo fishing, hunting, bushwalking, kayaking, etc is bullsh*t with no scientific reasoning and deserves contempt.
The tired old excuse of crowded pier fishing etc are ridiculous as they won't acknowledge physical distancing could possibly be comprehended by mere mortals....or the even crazier idea that another less crowded fishing spot could be considered.

ango

Post by ango » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:02 pm

There are plenty of local government areas where there have been no new coronavirus cases in the past two weeks, there are also area that have had no coronavirus cases at all. I don't see the problem with people lucky enough to live in areas getting back to their normal lives. The only restrictions that I see as being necessary are to keep the lockdown going in areas that have problems, and to stop people from travelling between areas, I see no problem with going down to the local river, jetty, or creek and throwing in a line in regional areas, city areas may be problematic.
Cheers
Ango.

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Unfortunately the beaches in Sydney and the gold coast show that yes, there are a lot of people who don't understand social distancing. Rules are always for the the lowest IQ people. Dan's problem is he dismisses it without going to the bother of explaining why. As a politician it his job to waste his time explaining and he doesn't seem to get that. The reason is once you start then you have endless groups coming forward saying their sport or activity can be done safely. Then you have so much discussion on the new rules and policing them that it becomes unworkable. The more people you let out there the more difficult it is to police them. If you don't police it them it is a waste of time making the rules.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:17 pm

ango wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:02 pm
There are plenty of local government areas where there have been no new coronavirus cases in the past two weeks, there are also area that have had no coronavirus cases at all. I don't see the problem with people lucky enough to live in areas getting back to their normal lives. The only restrictions that I see as being necessary are to keep the lockdown going in areas that have problems, and to stop people from travelling between areas, I see no problem with going down to the local river, jetty, or creek and throwing in a line in regional areas, city areas may be problematic.
Cheers
Ango.
Unfortunately people don't stay in their local areas. We have a holiday house just up the road from us and lo and behold people turned up and stayed the week and are still there. I know they come from a couple of hundred klm away.
Of all the people on this forum I would be one of the ones that could go fishing without going near anyone else. 5 minutes to the boat ramp, closer than the supermarket even. I always fish alone. I am happy for it to be banned for a few more weeks because if it is opened up I know I will see people from the latrobe valley and Melbourne here fishing. Even if the rules still say no travel I bet plenty will think they won't get noticed.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:54 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:11 pm
Unfortunately the beaches in Sydney and the gold coast show that yes, there are a lot of people who don't understand social distancing.

Rules are always for the lowest IQ people.
And at 700,000 Fishos (9% of the Victorian population) that makes for a lot of lowest IQed people. AND just by posts on this entire forum's history there are a plethora of posts where we have come across them.

Dale was quite eloquent with his question but very subjective. If he was objective, he would have raised "why are there 500, 600, 700 people out, when they could exercise at home or their neighbourhood". But it suits his purpose. Proposing a wrong because others are doing a wrong doesn't make a right.

And three paddlers on a river is a very hand picked location , , , , pick a Pier, and show how busy they get when fishing was allowed , , , , oh, that would be objective

re-tyred wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:11 pm

The more people you let out there the more difficult it is to police them. If you don't police it them it is a waste of time making the rules.

Exercisers get away with a lot, mainly because they make up way way more than 9% of the population AND aren't held in low regard as Fishos.

So police the Exercisers to make the "restrictions" on Fishos justified.

That was about 8 cents worth :-D

Regards, Bugatti

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:42 pm
bowl wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:32 pm
Yep. A ban on solo fishing, hunting, bushwalking, kayaking, etc is bullsh*t with no scientific reasoning and deserves contempt.
The tired old excuse of crowded pier fishing etc are ridiculous as they won't acknowledge physical distancing could possibly be comprehended by mere mortals....or the even crazier idea that another less crowded fishing spot could be considered. The dumb acceptance that we must live our lives by rules designed for retards is absurd. Yes there are retards but they will be retards no matter the rules dreamt up.
Yep stumpy you can go fishing just pay the fine .How old are you i,m over 50 and quite fit my mum,s alot older so if i can cut down the one percent,s of her not getting sick i will do what i can .I have a serious problem with injection,s it,s my kryptonite they dont hurt just dont like the look of them i went and got the flu jab last week anything to help not getting sick and spreading it we in australia are heading in to flu season i think a little out of the box so goggle a young bull an a old bull are up at the top of a hill

Return to “General”