St.lennys friday arvo session

King George Whiting, KGW, Ting
fishnut
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Location: Altona meadows
Has liked: 11 times
Likes received: 115 times

St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by fishnut » Sun May 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Dropped the boat in at werribee south around 2pm and headed towards st.leonards but stopped around indented head for squid but no luck there then tried out from st.leonards pier for squid none there either,then near green marker for about 15mins still none
Abchored up in around 6.5m among other boats for ting
From around 4pm to 6pm ended up with my bag to 38cm putting a few smaller ones back and dropped 3or4 ,so was pretty happy even though the squid didnt like my jigs
Best bait was pipie

fishnut
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Location: Altona meadows
Has liked: 11 times
Likes received: 115 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by fishnut » Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 pm

rps20200524_123154.jpg
Forgot to add the pic so here it is

Robbie1950
Rank: Australian Salmon
Rank: Australian Salmon
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:37 am
Location: Altona
Has liked: 139 times
Likes received: 92 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Well done fish nut, that's a nice haul!

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Likes received: 645 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Nicely done fishnut 😊
Nice looking bag of kgw.
Cheers 👍🏻

User avatar
Bugatti
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 am
Has liked: 4005 times
Likes received: 801 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by Bugatti » Sun May 24, 2020 1:33 pm

fishnut wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:39 pm
Dropped the boat in at werribee south around 2pm and headed towards st.leonards but stopped around indented head for squid but no luck there then tried out from st.leonards pier for squid none there either,then near green marker for about 15mins still none
Abchored up in around 6.5m among other boats for ting

From around 4pm to 6pm ended up with my bag to 38cm putting a few smaller ones back and dropped 3or4 ,so was pretty happy even though the squid didnt like my jigs
Best bait was pipie

Pretty great going there fishnut :tu:
A haul of White Beauties is a good as it ever gets.

I think I bought my Squid Jigs from the same place as you did :(

Cheers, Bugs

fishnut
Rank: Silver Trevally
Rank: Silver Trevally
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Location: Altona meadows
Has liked: 11 times
Likes received: 115 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by fishnut » Sun May 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:33 pm
fishnut wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:39 pm
Dropped the boat in at werribee south around 2pm and headed towards st.leonards but stopped around indented head for squid but no luck there then tried out from st.leonards pier for squid none there either,then near green marker for about 15mins still none
Abchored up in around 6.5m among other boats for ting

From around 4pm to 6pm ended up with my bag to 38cm putting a few smaller ones back and dropped 3or4 ,so was pretty happy even though the squid didnt like my jigs
Best bait was pipie

Pretty great going there fishnut :tu:
A haul of White Beauties is a good as it ever gets.

I think I bought my Squid Jigs from the same place as you did :(

Cheers, Bugs
Probably lol

KgWhiting
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:30 pm
Likes received: 18 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by KgWhiting » Sun May 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Nice catch fishnut what was the average size of them? Been getting plenty around Clifton springs but average size is only 32-34ish cm with occasional bigger one

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 170 times
Likes received: 287 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by bowl » Sun May 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Hey mate, I was drifting for squid between green marker and got 3 squid inn around 30 mins on Friday around 2.30.
3.0 sephia red head did the ...damage...
MEGA RED!!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 170 times
Likes received: 287 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by bowl » Sun May 24, 2020 9:28 pm

KgWhiting wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:14 pm
Nice catch fishnut what was the average size of them? Been getting plenty around Clifton springs but average size is only 32-34ish cm with occasional bigger one
My smallest ting was around 33cm n biggest about 40cm at st Leonards.
MEGA RED!!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!MEGA RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!

User avatar
Andrews
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Location: Bellarine Peninsula
Has liked: 42 times
Likes received: 94 times

Re: St.lennys friday arvo session

Post by Andrews » Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 am

You're right about there be no squid by the pier, haven't seen many caught all week!

A real nice bag of whiting! Well done!

Post Reply

Return to “Whiting Fishing”