Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by 4liters » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Sutton was saying today it looks like this outbreak started from another incursion from NSW, and in other news a couple who came in from Sydney without a permit have tested positive today. They’ve been locked away in quarantine but it’s still concerning.

They really really need to sort out something a bit stricter with the border because it’s going to suck balls if NSW keeps leaking and sending us into lockdown every few weeks.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 pm

4liters wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:19 pm
Sutton was saying today it looks like this outbreak started from another incursion from NSW, and in other news a couple who came in from Sydney without a permit have tested positive today. They’ve been locked away in quarantine but it’s still concerning.

They really really need to sort out something a bit stricter with the border because it’s going to suck balls if NSW keeps leaking and sending us into lockdown every few weeks.
Dont think we are going to beat it this time...it only takes one d*ckhead to cause a lockdown

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:57 pm

Just had our 2nd jab
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:59 pm

We have never really beat it any time , few weeks between lockdowns is not beating it .... Containing it at best
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:02 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:44 am
Possible extension of 3 weeks im hearing. This is immensely frustrating!!
If I hear tghat rumour in 5 days time I might credit it, but way to early to be bouncing that around..Unless he's thinking of locking down until vaccine rate is up. We do need to get zero in the wild pretty soon though.

Problem is I can see how they can maintain nil with it being so rampant in NSW, something is bound to sneak back in soon

Now the ACT domino has fallen over too

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:22 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:15 am
Fish-cador wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:32 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:14 am
Clearly the vaccine works.

Which vaccine did they use ... Sinovac.
I will use Dyson cyclonicvac or Aquavac before I use Sinovac :-D

So you're saying Johnson & Johnson 2 jabs - first with Baby Shampoo and 2nd jab with Baby Conditioner is way better than SinoVac?? :-D
J&J brand disinfectant as Trump suggested works better than Sinovac
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:23 pm

re-tyred wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:57 pm
Just had our 2nd jab
I heard the second jab can knock you out. :-)
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:38 pm

4liters wrote:

Pretty sure Dan will have one eye on what happens when NSW eventually does open up again as they are not optimistic of getting back to zero, just having a vacc rate that can cope. That will mean even more plague rats to sneak across the boarder to Vic...Vic is in a race now with the vaccine to cope with any NSW overspill, more and more incursions are inevitable. Hope he doesnt hold that as a condition of ending lockdown. No one can maintain elimination perpetually

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm

laneends wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:38 pm
4liters wrote:

Pretty sure Dan will have one eye on what happens when NSW eventually does open up again as they are not optimistic of getting back to zero, just having a vacc rate that can cope. That will mean even more plague rats to sneak across the boarder to Vic...Vic is in a race now with the vaccine to cope with any NSW overspill, more and more incursions are inevitable. Hope he doesnt hold that as a condition of ending lockdown. No one can maintain elimination perpetually
Yeah I don't see NSW getting this under control before they hit their 70% or 80% vaccination targets and until then it looks like cases are just going to creep up.

I think once Victoria reach that vaccine target we'll probably unwind border restrictions with NSW as well as any internal lockdowns because there's little to be gained at that point. Anyone yet to be vaccinated at that point will probably never willingly do so.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:45 pm

I read yesterday that 97% of fully vaccinated people get little or no symptoms if the catch it. That would mean they are unlikely to get a test. So the more people vaccinated the more undetected cases will be wandering around the community. I have a feeling by this time next year pretty much every person will have been in contact with the virus. Those that don't get vaccinated are going to be in a world of hurt. Hospitalization of unvaccinated people is 10 times large than vaccinated people.
Oh and no side effect from our second shot yesterday
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Off Topic Forum”